A Complete Trading Guide In Commodity Trading

Iam an newbie and i dont understand this step 5

reason is i used to understand that if i buy a thing suppose potato with price of 1 rs per kg with lot size of 100kg if potato price goes 2 rs per kg then i"ll get 100 rs of gain isnt?ofcource u wil have to pay to yours sub-broker

Pls anybody explain my confusion?

Hi Traders....

I am looking that lots of people are interested in Commodity Trading looking @ the returns it provide in short time. :)

This thread is for Beginers who dosent have any idead about commogity trading and also dont know how to trade in futures Trading!!! :confused:

Step1> U need to open an account with a broker who is Registered with MCX OR NCDEX.

Step2> After doing that, u need to select one or more than one commodities that u r interested in trading..
like, gold, silver, crude, guar, chana etc..

Step3> Now.... For a given commodity,, u have 3 to 6 contracts open that are identified by month and expires on a fixed date on that month. eg. gold sept,oct etc...

Step4> All u need to do is place an order either to buy or sell(u can do both without owing physical quantity).
Every commodity has a minimum trading size.
eg. gold has 100 gms(mcx) to 1 kg(ncdx), silver 30 kg, guar,chana 10 tons(1000 kg). There for u can buy/sell minimun one or multiple of tick size..

Step 5> Now the payment Funda..
Futures trading is purely margin based trading similar in stock market.. Every commodity has a specified margin value by the exchange that is to b paid by you for trading.
The margin varies from 5% to 20%. Exchanges do change the margin periodically when market goes too much speculative...

Step6> Example:
lets say..I want to buy ncdx Chana sept contract currently trading @ 1920 Rs per quintal. I placed buy 1 lot(minimum) that is 10 tons. so the total amount calculated is 1 lack 90 thousands for 1 lot. So u hav to pay your broker only 6% of it. that is roughly 12000 Rs per lot..

If u dont sell that day itself and hold it, than your profit and loss will b calculated on "CLOSING MARKET PRICE".
so if the contract closes say 1910. that is -10.. so u have made a net loss of 1000 Rs. Simply saying every 1 rs gain or loss counts to 100 Rs profit/loss. (buying an selling one lot will cost u roughly 170 Rs brokerage)

Step 7>profit and losses are autometically debit/credited in your account on daily basis.. If your margin amount has fallen short.. ur broker will rang u up for a cheque. :D

step 8> Dont forget to square off your posotions before the contract expires. Otherwise u may need to give/take physical delevery og the good or face a penealty by the exchange..

I think i have explained a lot of things.. If any reader still have any query.. can ask on this thread...
views welcome...
u can visit my thread in commoditis--->grains for few tips :)

Readers dont forget to RATE this Thread..
Dear Member ,

First of All I would Like Say Thanks to You for Posting Such Good knowledge.Even though I am a New Traders in Commodity Market which regards I want to ask some questions from You.

1. What is Intraday, Future and Option Trading ?
2. What is the meaning of Target Price ?
3. What factors can affect up and down Price of Gold,Silver,Copper,Zinc and Kapas ?

Regards,
Rajwant