A Complete Trading Guide In Commodity Trading

Mareeche said:
Yes..Odin does not allow a second copy..I too faced a similar problem..any technical views / suggestions

Well... I think u can use another copy of odin provided u r not using same user id and password. i.e. same account simulteniously. just install first copy.. cut it to another location.. and install 2nd copy.. use it from the original location...
i think it may work!!! try if it works do tell me on this thread..

Hi Traders....

I am looking that lots of people are interested in Commodity Trading looking @ the returns it provide in short time. :)

This thread is for Beginers who dosent have any idead about commogity trading and also dont know how to trade in futures Trading!!! :confused:

Step1> U need to open an account with a broker who is Registered with MCX OR NCDEX.

Step2> After doing that, u need to select one or more than one commodities that u r interested in trading..
like, gold, silver, crude, guar, chana etc..

Step3> Now.... For a given commodity,, u have 3 to 6 contracts open that are identified by month and expires on a fixed date on that month. eg. gold sept,oct etc...

Step4> All u need to do is place an order either to buy or sell(u can do both without owing physical quantity).
Every commodity has a minimum trading size.
eg. gold has 100 gms(mcx) to 1 kg(ncdx), silver 30 kg, guar,chana 10 tons(1000 kg). There for u can buy/sell minimun one or multiple of tick size..

Step 5> Now the payment Funda..
Futures trading is purely margin based trading similar in stock market.. Every commodity has a specified margin value by the exchange that is to b paid by you for trading.
The margin varies from 5% to 20%. Exchanges do change the margin periodically when market goes too much speculative...

Step6> Example:
lets say..I want to buy ncdx Chana sept contract currently trading @ 1920 Rs per quintal. I placed buy 1 lot(minimum) that is 10 tons. so the total amount calculated is 1 lack 90 thousands for 1 lot. So u hav to pay your broker only 6% of it. that is roughly 12000 Rs per lot..

If u dont sell that day itself and hold it, than your profit and loss will b calculated on "CLOSING MARKET PRICE".
so if the contract closes say 1910. that is -10.. so u have made a net loss of 1000 Rs. Simply saying every 1 rs gain or loss counts to 100 Rs profit/loss. (buying an selling one lot will cost u roughly 170 Rs brokerage)

Step 7>profit and losses are autometically debit/credited in your account on daily basis.. If your margin amount has fallen short.. ur broker will rang u up for a cheque. :D

step 8> Dont forget to square off your posotions before the contract expires. Otherwise u may need to give/take physical delevery og the good or face a penealty by the exchange..

I think i have explained a lot of things.. If any reader still have any query.. can ask on this thread...
views welcome...
u can visit my thread in commoditis--->grains for few tips :)

Readers dont forget to RATE this Thread..
Hello, U r information is realy good, Go ahead, Thank u dear. can u tell me from where can I got Kapaskhali recommendation calls or information about this & agri calls.
I f u know pls reply me.

Thank u,

Vicky

Thanks a lot for all the information. Exactly what I was looking for in my other thread. Can you please clarify couple more questions?

Geojit seems to be offering Gold mini for Rs.50 per contract only through NCME. Will it be any different from MCX and NCDEX in terms of liquidity or price?

I see 2 quotes for Gold 638 and MCX Gold 9240. The way I understand it is 638 is Dollar price of Gold and 9240 is Future Price for Feb contract. Do I need to care about 638, except to know the current global trend?

Thanks again for the information and any insights you can provide.