A Beginner's way to trade options.

MurAtt

2 upper circuits in a span of not even 1minute of mkt opening for trade and u r talking of lower circuit!!!!

Bhai be logical, mkt WILL NOT hit lower circuit, it may come down, cool off, be a small sell-off but no lower circuit boss. be reasonable, see the buyes, 65 lacs and sellers 1.65 lacs -- do you see the difference and u think there can be a lower circuit?!!

TFL

2 upper circuits in a span of not even 1minute of mkt opening for trade and u r talking of lower circuit!!!!

Bhai be logical, mkt WILL NOT hit lower circuit, it may come down, cool off, be a small sell-off but no lower circuit boss. be reasonable, see the buyes, 65 lacs and sellers 1.65 lacs -- do you see the difference and u think there can be a lower circuit?!!
In case of a big crisis I said and not saying about normal days. Think we can stop the topic here.

MurAtt

ST sir,

I have 2x4000CE bot in conjuction with 1x3600PE.
Have not done anything today as such.
Do give your views as to what one can do with this.
The PE is currently trading @6.75!!!! and CE @370!!!!!

Also 3700 call has no sellers and buyers are more than 5lac i.e. 10000 lots
same with 3600CE and 3800CE, 4100CE. Then how can one shift if there are no sellers. U think we'll have sellers tomorrow?

Flock

Some times too much of a good thing can be bad. And that is what has happened today. Market has gone us with negligible volume.

Assuming it does not come tumbling down, I am just thinking of the implication of all this on the internals of the market and the brokers. Guys who have written calls will possibly not have enough margin, to cover it and you can expect margin calls. To add to this dont know if there will be sellers of the options so the broker can square the position in case of default.

Euphorbic moves are not sustainable. So there has to be some correction at some point. Like they say when a trade becomes very obvious to everybody it is a bad sign. Today the obvious trade is the long trade.

Bracing myself for a rocky up down week ahead. :(

ST sir,

I have 2x4000CE bot in conjuction with 1x3600PE.
Have not done anything today as such.
Do give your views as to what one can do with this.
The PE is currently trading @6.75!!!! and CE @370!!!!!

Also 3700 call has no sellers and buyers are more than 5lac i.e. 10000 lots
same with 3600CE and 3800CE, 4100CE. Then how can one shift if there are no sellers. U think we'll have sellers tomorrow?
Dear Murtaza,

Sell the 3600 put at whatever price you get...I expect that it will expire worthless....

Tomorrow I will sell my 3700 calls....as they have appreciated by 400 %. I will see at what price the future trades,calculate in-the-moneyness,add 80-100 Rs for time value and try to sell the calls.....Sellers will come tomorrow.If the calls are not tradable ( I dont expect that to happen....we will have to try some more time and the short sellers,straddle sellers will lap it up...they better do.....:)) We will get to sell the calls tomorrow at good price as brokers will square off their clients outstanding calls sell position.

All depends on what level Nifty opens tomorrow but tomorrow we can certainly bring some decent money home...

Best Wishes,

Smart_trade

Last edited:
SGX Nifty 4647, OMG .........

ST

aimer

good mrn to all,
ST DA i have 3500 PE at 10.95 may expiry. shall i keep it looking at the conditions or exit. plz advice sir as holding 4 lots.
Thanks,
Raj:)

good mrn to all,
ST DA i have 3500 PE at 10.95 may expiry. shall i keep it looking at the conditions or exit. plz advice sir as holding 4 lots.
Thanks,
Raj:)
Sell it,Raj...it will expire worthless...so recover whatever you can out of it...

ST