a beginner's question

hi all,
i am a newbie. so my question might appear novice.
i am trading on intra day equity shares on diet odin. so, i want to know that if i have bought, say 100 shares of xxx, n i am not able to sell them by the end of the day (i.e. 3:30 pm), then what will be the penality on me for the non completion of the transaction.
thanx in advance.

AW10

If you don't squareoff the position then you will have to take the delviery for this trade.
You will pay all the charges applicable to delivery oriented trading.
- If you have money in account, then broker will debit your acct for the complete cost of 100 shares + other charges
- If you don't have enough funds, then your acct balance will go in -ive. Broker will give you a call/mail to deposit additional funds.. Else they have to right to sell your position and recover the money to meet their obligation to NSE settlment that they have taken on your behalf.
- On next day, you can squareoff the position and close your obligation. As this sqaureoff is on next day, the broker will apply delivery oriented brokerage rate to this.

As most of this case revolve around broker, so you will be better off talking to your broker and get clear picture.

Happy Trading.

NOMINDTR

hi all,
i am trading on intra day
Dear friend,

Day traders go home with holding nothing. Have an eye on the clock too.
If you don't square off for the reason you don't want to incur loss, then it is a serious problem with your trading system. There is no point in taking scrips home and to pay penalties, when it comes for day trading.

Happy Trading :)

Last edited:

sanyad74

Hoe to find the equity script on NSE?

For example Reliance communication (rcom)
its script name on BSE is rcom

Now my question is .. What is the equity name of rcom on NSE for equity trading. and if we want to trade futures and options of rcom then how to differentiate the scripts?

Pls suggest!

shinchan

Now my question is .. What is the equity name of rcom on NSE for equity trading. and if we want to trade futures and options of rcom then how to differentiate the scripts?

Pls suggest!
here is the link to NSE website.

http://www.nseindia.com/

you will get answers to all your questions.

shinchan

Thanks but I know the website..and confused there ...
Appriciate if you would be more precise with the example that i stated in my earlier thread.
Thanks!
sir,

in NSE website home page, on the right hand side corner, you will find Get Quote box, in that box, you will find symbol search. on the clicking the symbol search, a pop window will come up. in the space provided you type the name of the company and you will get the result. for example if you type reliance communications, you get the symbol RCOM. - this is the first part of your question.

coming to your second question, i.e., regarding f&o, if you are looking for F&O quotes, just below the get quote box above mentioned, there is a box for markets today. in that there is a sub-box for derivatives. in that sub box, click on get quotes and in the box provided type the symbol of the scrip and click either on futures or options. it well provide you the quotes with 2 minutes lag.

hope I am clear. if I missed something in your question feel free to ask.

thanx everyone for ur replies. As suggested, i have got it from someone (not a broker) that instead of Rs 0.005 of commission on Rs 100 of purchasing, i will have to pay Rs 0.05 of commission.

i have got one more query.
Can the tax payment system be modified i.e. i am paying Rs 0.12 of tax per Rs 100 of purchasing.
Instead of a fixed % on purchasing, can the tax be paid as a fixed % on money earned during the month/year.

AW10

Varun, Govt. is much smarter then you.. They want to collect their share irrespective of whether u make money or loose.. That is why your TDS at so many places.. deduct the tax from person's salary even before it gets credited in his bank account..

Protect you capital, there are many parties waiting to grab a share of that.. brokers, advisors, fund managers, Govt.., bank.. etc fall in that category..

All the best..

Pls suggest!
use find scrip at nseindia.com; and most of the scrips has similar names both in nse and bse. like rcom (in bse) and rcomeq (without the eq at nseindia.com to find quotes)

there are some exceptions, like

sonata (bse) sonatsoftw (nse)
ril (bse) reliance (nse)
sbi (bse) sbin (nse)
tisco (bse) tatasteel (nse)
etc.

futures has relianceeq~dec25-f1 or similar
options has relianceeq~dec25-ca/pa or similar

btw, futures and options are available only on NSE not bse.