When did 5Paisa introduce the facility to convert Intra-day trades into Delivery ?
Earlier it was not available, I have even lost money due to this. Coz I initiated an Intra-day trade, and the stock moved up, but in the afternoon there was a reversal and I tried to convert it into Delivery, but even with sufficient funds, it was informed 5Paisa Customer Care that 5Paisa doesn't offer the facility, so had to sell at a LOSS. The next day the Stock went up. And what I suffered was huge loss.

5Paisa doesn't offer Commodity Trading. I don't know why they are not offering it.

No Commodity Trading,
No Stop Loss -Market Order only the SL-Limit is available,
No Trailing StopLoss,
No Bracket Order,
No Cover Order,
Moreover, Customer Care guys takes a min. of 25 minutes to respond over a call, and the CC doesn't have a Toll Free No.

mmca2006

What is Discount Broking?
Discount Broking is a concept wherein the broker charges lower commissions or brokerage in comparison to the regular brokerage.

What are Discount Brokers?
In discount broking, lower commissions are charged as compared to the market norms and attract the existing clients of other firms in the field. No annual service fee or maintenance fees are charged on customer's accounts. A discount broker is a stockbroker who carries out buy and sell orders at a reduced commission compared to a full-service broker but provides no investment advice.
I am already a client of IIFL but did not trade for long time because of high brokerage. However I want to know --
If IIFL and 5paisa .com is same then how can I avail discount brokerage @ Rs.10/- per order. Whether I have to open a new A/c or my existing A/c can converted to discount brokerage.
Will be grateful if I get response from your end

TracerBullet

Feedback - Duffer Broker, had to stop trading with them. Stay far away if you trade intraday.

There are a lot of complaints in internet over money and charges etc etc. That is one thing for which i have 0 complaints. Absolutely no issue at all ( atleast so far)

Now the issues.
1) api is very substandard. python client is terrible with no testing effort. That can be solved by fixing it yourself but their server also is very poor with missing functionality, and gives frequent issues. It had gotten worse this month( 1-2 times in few days to multiple times a day, cannot login etc) and finally i had to move to zerodha earlier than planned( was testing).
2) Customer service is very poor. They are easy to reach, but cannot reason and only give standard replies - whether by phone or mail. Ticket gets moved to back end team and goes nowhere. No direct contact with back end team. I have a ticket pending for few months and after long time of no reply, got a really stupid standard answer.
3) They have something called 'DPR' process, where they square off position if its approaching circuit ( for an intraday positon in loss which can get locked). Makes sense. https://forum.5paisa.com/portal/en/kb/articles/square-off-process-24-7-2019
But they have a mindless backend that also messes with positions in profits. For longs they cancel stop order if it breaches +8% and for shorts they square off position if it hits -8%!! After a month since my last reply to them, i got back a standard reply written by a robot.

Will probably close account soon as it does not seem they have any willingness to fix things.
Wasted time with them, should have stopped as soon as i saw their python client code quality, but instead tried to stick with it so that i could get another large broker (+Z)..

Last edited:

marimuthu13

Feedback - Duffer Broker, had to stop trading with them. Stay far away if you trade intraday.

There are a lot of complaints in internet over money and charges etc etc. That is one thing for which i have 0 complaints. Absolutely no issue at all ( atleast so far)

Now the issues.
1) api is very substandard. python client is terrible with no testing effort. That can be solved by fixing it yourself but their server also is very poor with missing functionality, and gives frequent issues. It had gotten worse this month( 1-2 times in few days to multiple times a day, cannot login etc) and finally i had to move to zerodha earlier than planned( was testing).
2) Customer service is very poor. They are easy to reach, but cannot reason and only give standard replies - whether by phone or mail. Ticket gets moved to back end team and goes nowhere. No direct contact with back end team. I have a ticket pending for few months and after long time of no reply, got a really stupid standard answer.
3) They have something called 'DPR' process, where they square off position if its approaching circuit ( for an intraday positon in loss which can get locked). Makes sense. https://forum.5paisa.com/portal/en/kb/articles/square-off-process-24-7-2019
But they have a mindless backend that also messes with positions in profits. For longs they cancel stop order if it breaches +8% and for shorts they square off position if it hits -8%!! After a month since my last reply to them, i got back a standard reply written by a robot.

Will probably close account soon as it does not seem they have any willingness to fix things.
Wasted time with them, should have stopped as soon as i saw their python client code quality, but instead tried to stick with it so that i could get another large broker (+Z)..
Same experience for me with Kotak security..closed account too