5Paisa.com or Sharekhan or IndiaBulls

I am having an account with ICICIDirect.com and due to their high brokerage and due to the fact that just when i need to make a sell or buy the site take hell lot of time to get to the screen i want and planning to go for one of these. I saw a demo of 5Paisa.com for the investors terminal and found the following

1. that the interface is too complicated and lacking with respect to that i am having with ICICIDirect.
2. Moreover, i am not sure whether one can apply online for IPO through 5Paisa.com.
3 During the demo, i had a feeling that too much is compressed into one screen and for any information of a particular script one has to go to indiainfoline.com get details from their and then back to 5Paisa.com and do the buy/sell whatever.
4 They do say that almost all the scripts available on BSE and NSE is available but from the site i could not make out.
5. I could not make out whether they allow one to keep the sell or buy order till the time it gets executed or cancelled by the client.

Though I have heard that 5Paisa.com is one of the best, i am confused, the reason being that i compare ICICIDirect to that of 5Paisa.com and look for information at fingertips to arrive at a calculated decision

I request all of you to give your expert comments and suggestions whether 5Paisa.com or Sharekhan or Indiabulls is the best and in terms of ICICIDirect.com which one of these give comprehensive information as ICICIDirect.com

Thanks in advance

AP

hahaha... i had the same problem.. icici sucks, but once u get used to it, learnign 5paisa is really hard.. but i managed to do it in 2-3 days and after numeorous emails to my rep.. but i like it 10x icici as the execution speed is awesome, and u can trade intraday with much more convenience..

nareshch

Hi ,

I didnt have experience with 5paisa or sharekhan . I used icicidirect and indiabulls .
In all aspects indiabulls is far superior than Icicidirect .Regarding IPOs , i guess you cannot apply on line with Indiabulls . AndIn Icicidirect , you have a direct debit/credit fcility with the bank .Where as in Indiabulls , You need a HDFC account for instant transfer .You can transfer to their ICICI account also , but it will take some time ( 30 mins to 2 hours)

Reg.Speed of site and execution , I am using powerindiabulls, the software provided by indiabulls.It is very fast than ICICIdirect .
ANd finally, the brokerages are very less comapre to ICICIdirect.

Regards
Naresh Cherukuri

Hi,
I use ICICIdirect and Indiabulls.

As far as features is concerned ICICIdirect has almost everything. Features I like are
Mutual Fund Plaza, IPO online, 3 in 1 acc. connecting brokerage:bank:demat acc.
And Yes getting access to their site during market session can be frustrating.

Indiabulls offers you a trading terminal 'powerbulls' java based software. It is fast in terms of speed and execution. You can however trade only on the NSE (stocks & derivatives). Brokerage rate depends on your negotiating skills.

Regards

trader9 said:
Hi,
I use ICICIdirect and Indiabulls.

As far as features is concerned ICICIdirect has almost everything. Features I like are
Mutual Fund Plaza, IPO online, 3 in 1 acc. connecting brokerage:bank:demat acc.
And Yes getting access to their site during market session can be frustrating.

Indiabulls offers you a trading terminal 'powerbulls' java based software. It is fast in terms of speed and execution. You can however trade only on the NSE (stocks & derivatives). Brokerage rate depends on your negotiating skills.

Regards

Trader9, I second you again & again & again.
I'm with ICICIdirect for 3 years now & have tried a few others too. It's ICICIdirect only for me now. All that you said is bang on & more. Yes, the brokerage is a bit more steep but what the heck, daily or any time-frame trading is a dream. 3-in-one trading A/C under one roof with no human contact at all is just the kind of trading environment I like during the day.

A tip for you Trader9; I don't know what volumes you trade on Margin/Cash but if you are a reasonably OK volume trader, you could get ICICIdirect to give you privileged customer status & give you a Direct Link. That gives you a trading screen like like any other & you won't complain anymore on accessing their web site during trading hours. Have your Java enabled & you are in business. Save the Direct Link on your PC & forget about about trying to log in to the ICICIDirect web site any more, except for messages, customer service etc. after trading hours. Don't quote me but I have all that I have spoken about. ;)

Hi Jaideep

To tell the truth I didn't know ICICIdirect offered a trading terminal with a direct link. Thanks!
I do day trade regularly and I managed to negotiate low brokerage rates with Indiabulls.
Is that possible with ICICIdirect?
I know they give brokerage rebate after crossing a certain turnover level. But still the net brokerage is high compared to others.

Any ways I don't intend to close my ICICIdirect account, cause I do invest in mutual funds online.

Regards

if broadband net is there , icicidirect works well.
from safety point of view icicidirect is good ,
we must remember the failure of HOMETRADE!
Regards.

Hi Jaideep,
I also use ICICIDirect.com. I get really irritated when I want to place orders during market opening time around ie. 10:00am. It's really slow & they don't tell me the order status other saying "Queued".
In ICICIDirect.com Is there a minimum limit on volumes to get a privileged customer status & a Direct Link?
Do they charge extra for that?

Thanks in advance, :confused:

Hi! guys,

1. YES, ICICIdirect works well with broadband.
2. NO, ICICIDirect brokerages are not negotiable. For God's sake man they
are bankers in the first place.
3. YES, orders placed at or around 1000 hrs may be queued for a while. So
intra-day Margin trading could be hiccups now & then. It's OK for Cash
trading though.
4. Privilege Customer status & extra charges...... I really don't know how
they go about it. No extra charges for sure, I know that but privileged
customer status they conferred on me I guess because of all the Margin
intra-day trading that I was doing until recently. That pumps up your
traded volumes you know. I was'nt very succesful though. :D

I have broadband, I don't mind the slightly + brokerage without all the other hassles & I've given up intra-day Margin trading for now on account of the risks involved. Another way of saying "I burnt my fingers" or "I've learnt my lessons". So guys, ICICIDirect suits me. I'm not waving any flags or blowing any trumpets here. Like they say, If the cap fits you, wear it. :cool:

Happy trading all. :)

Last edited:
ShareKhan

Can any one tell me the people who are using shareKhan will it be good if I go with sharekhan because am looking for changing my local broker so would like u all to comment on this can any one tell me about ShareKhan and why I should go with them if you can share your experience with this broker it will be very gr8ful

Thanx