5MIN, 15MIN or HOURLY chart

Hi,
I am trading in silver and gold in mcx. I want to know which chart is useful 5MIN, 15MIN or HOURLY. I used some chart indicator like adx, supertrend.
Experienced traders please suggest me.

ashu1234

Hi,
I am trading in silver and gold in mcx. I want to know which chart is useful 5MIN, 15MIN or HOURLY. I used some chart indicator like adx, supertrend.
Hi,
go for larger tf's like 30 min and 60 min for over all trend and don't rely too much on indicator based trading as they are deceptive most of the time.

TraderPRO

Hi,
IMO, it really depends on your trading style and system.

Generally speaking, if I am comfortable with a TF of 5 mins, for example, before you decide to enter the trade, I will have to get the confirmations from higher TFs to decide the trend.

Hope this make sense.Look forward to other views as well.:)

Cubt

Algo Trader
Yes Traderpro is right...I generally look at what higher time frame says and then enter into a trade on lower time frame. If 60 mins is in buy trend and if 5 or 10 mins, says sell I will exit long position n do not go short untill 60 mins says so. Bcoz soon 5 or 10 mins may again change to buy mode as the higher time frame is still bullish

Yes Traderpro is right...I generally look at what higher time frame says and then enter into a trade on lower time frame. If 60 mins is in buy trend and if 5 or 10 mins, says sell I will exit long position n do not go short untill 60 mins says so. Bcoz soon 5 or 10 mins may again change to buy mode as the higher time frame is still bullish
Thanks for your reply.
As i understand from your post that if 60 min frame says buy but 5 or 15min says sell then wait for until lower time frame says buy and then enter in trade(still higher time frame says buy) :thumb: