5 mins intraday data dor 2 months

Hi tanwbie ,

Thanks for 5 min data in Metastock format and its regular update .

investock said:
Hi, tanewbie, Thanks for uploading the 5 min data. Is there any other method where you could upload only the updates instead of the whole file everyday. It grows every day and over time may become too big to be uploaded. Thanks again.
tanewbie said:
Sorry investock cant upload only daily files. It has to be the complete directory which has to be uploaded unless somebody can give a solution.
U can upload daily data in ASCII format which can be updated using Metastock downloader . To extract daily data in Ascii U can use Mansoor's utility .
http://www.geocities.com/mimansoor/MsCmdLineUtilsV1.6.1.zip

For any help in this regard u can contact me on
Email :[email protected]
Phone: 9328234348

Thanks
Harish Chheda

Last edited:

tanewbie

Hi Harish

I dont use Metastock so cant export daily data the way suggested. so kindly excuse me I hv to upload the entire directory.
cheers

tanewbie said:
Hi Harish

I dont use Metastock so cant export daily data the way suggested. so kindly excuse me I hv to upload the entire directory.
cheers
Hi Tanewbie ,

U don't need Metastock to export daily data in Ascii text format . The Mansoor's utility ( FILE SIZE 322 kb and it is free ) can generate ASCII file from your data in Your Hard drive .

Thanks
Harish Chheda

tanewbie

Hi harish
Just write me a .bat file to do the part I will try it out. I have downloaded the utility u suggested and put it in the directory where the ms data files are located. I cant proceed further. If you write a bat file to be placed in ms data files folder, it will automate the process.
thanks

tanewbie said:
Hi harish
Just write me a .bat file to do the part I will try it out. I have downloaded the utility u suggested and put it in the directory where the ms data files are located. I cant proceed further. If you write a bat file to be placed in ms data files folder, it will automate the process.
thanks
Hi Tanewbie ,

Pls give me the details of your data and ms2asc.exe (extracted from Mansoor's utility) directory and also if possible your email address .

Thanks

Harish Chheda

tanewbie said:
Hi tanewbie ,

As u r not provided the details of your data folders and ms2asc.exe folder I can't create batch file and send it to your mail address .

I hope an example below will help U and any one want to create ascii file from metastock file . U have to change metastock data and ms2asc.exe directory in command line according to your computer data directory.
If
1. your 5 min data > c:\mydata\5min
2. your program ms2asc.exe > c:\mansoor
then for dd/mm/yyyy data
go to start menu > run >

c:\mansoor\ms2asc -m master -f c:\mydata\5min\filename.csv -i c:\mydata\5min -d dd/mm/yyyy -u dd/mm/yyyy

ms2asc [--master=|-m <master-filename>] [--file=|-f <ascii-filename>]
[--indir=|-i <data-directory>] [--printDateFrom=|-d <date>]
[--printDateUpto=|-u <date>]

This will create filename.csv in your metastock folder c:\mydata\5min .

U can also paste this command line in batch file and run the same .

U have to change date and filename (In case u want to label daily file's with different name ) .

Harish Chheda