Buysetup=Flip(b1,s1);
Shortsetup=Flip(s1,b1);
trend=IIf(BarsSince(Buysetup)<BarsSince(Shortsetup ),1,0);
Col=IIf(trend==1,5,4);
SetBarFillColor(Col);
Plot(C,"Close",Col,64);

_SECTION_END();

Hi Vinod,

First of all I appreciate you for starting a separate thread. Can you pls. elaborate on the 315 strategy, i.e., entry, exit, sl, etc...

Regards,
Saravanan.

rpsvinod

Hi Vinod,

First of all I appreciate you for starting a separate thread. Can you pls. elaborate on the 315 strategy, i.e., entry, exit, sl, etc...

Regards,
Saravanan.
Dear Saravanan,

Nothing Invented by myself..As per my words Already posted on this forum.

Just repost it..Thats all..All credits goes to that srtategy designer.

OK - so here we go.

The first step is to understand what is 315 .. its advatages and disadvantages.

The second step is to understand some rules I have derived to use it effectively. Rules are related to effective entries, effective SL management, effective profit bookings, effective re-entries and in the end effective money management or effective safeguarding the capital.

In this post I would focus on step 1 i.e what is 315 etc.

315 Strategy for swing trading

315 is a simple swing technique which tries to identify a trend very early. In this strategy we use only EMAs name EMA 3 & EMA 15 (hence the name 315).

People ask me why EMA 3 and EMA 15 .... for me last 3 days define the immediate average price ... to find the slightly longer term trend i use the factor of 5. This is becuase 5 has an interesting relevance to markets.... we have approx 5 hours of trading everyday, 5 trading days in a week, almost 5 trading weeks in a month .... So I simply multiple 3 by 5 to get my 15 EMA which defines my medium term average price.

Now in simple terms, if our immediate average price is higher than the medium term average price that means we are entering in a bull swing ... and visa versa. Hence the strategy entries are:

1 Enter Long when 3 EMA goes above 15 EMA
2 Enter Short when 3 EMA goes below 15 EMA

Advantages of following 315 strategy

1. A simple technique using just 2 EMAs, no other oscilattors or indicators required. NO advanced charting softwares required.

2. System is based on following the ULTIMATE indicator available i.e price action.

3. Keeps a trader in the trend, lets the full swing to complete. Never gets a trader against the trend.

4. Since we are just following price action, we dont need to worry about divergences etc.

Disadvantages of 315 Strategy

1. Works brilliantly in a trending market but can whipsaw in extremely ranging markets. However this can be overcome by certain rules and money management to be explained later in this thread.

Regards,

VINOD. RPS

Tamil trader

we have approx 5 hours of trading everyday, 5 trading days in a week, almost 5 trading weeks in a month .... So I simply multiple 3 by 5 to get my 15 EMA which defines my medium term average price.
We have 14 hours trading in MCX Crude oil.

Is it regularly working for crude oil?

Because i already backtested 315 strategy for crude oil. It has given me more whipsaws in sideways market.

Which time frame you are using for this strategy to crude oil trading?

rpsvinod

RPS VINOD .. why dont you direct them to the thread instead of copy n paste the same stuff here.. there are a lot of stuff in the original thread that will be much more informative read ..

Also gives credit to the creator ... my 2 cents..

Once again the original link for 315 strategy:

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/30428-shs-315-strategy-how-use-if-effectively.html
Nothig discovered..First i said clearly ..this method taken from this forum only..Just checking by real testing only doing..

No issue ..given that original link..u gave it..that's enough?
Anyway did u go through that completly all 608 Pages?

Regards,

VINOD. RPS

Xitij

Tried many of the Rs.500/- Data providers
Data is either delayed & not suitable for intraday or repaints.
Their's (realsenseindia dot com) is tick data and and does not repaint, Charges
Rs 750/- per segment.
Support system is prompt.

Hope this helps.
What exactly does it indicate when you say : Data repaints !
It is quiet understandable when we say that a AFL of Amibroker repaints, but cannot understand a data stream repainting!!??? :confused: