30M tracking of Supertrend in Nifty and Bank Nifty

DSM

After a lot of thought, am creating a thread on theoretical entries and exits basis Supertrend (settings 10,2) 30M chart. Shall also post screenshots of charts from time to time. Will not always be able to post in realtime, so will update as and when possible. The idea for this thread is to check the outcome of trades based on a well defined mechanical system, but also tweaked as we evolve. Will state any changes to the rules as they happen. Shall log all entries and exits and reasons, and do an analysis as we go along. By 31st Dec. we can see how the system performs.

Rules :
Long if Price closes above signal, Short if Price closes below signal.
Variation1 : Shall take runaway profits.
Variation 2 : Shall not take more than 100 points loss (other than gap)

Waiting for a change in signal. No entries as of now.

DSM

LOL!! :) Thanks for pointing it out - you are right. I had posted in terms of Nifty. Since 100 points on Nifty is approx. 1.60%, will keep approx. the same for BankNifty, so that will be 150 points.

Is the SL max 100 points both for NF and BNF?? Maybe we need to keep bigger SL for BNF!

DSM

Sure PK, Please go ahead. The more we exchange ideas, the better it is for all.

nice DSM..I also trade in 30 min in NF and BNF flow...can I post some chart here?

Is the SL max 100 points both for NF and BNF?? Maybe we need to keep bigger SL for BNF!
BNF sl ...................must be bigger.........because ..BNF .........is in yo-yo category...........:)

DSM

Right Raj, BankNifty SL set at 150 points.

BNF sl ...................must be bigger.........because ..BNF .........is in yo-yo category...........:)

DSM

Great going. Do you intend to carry the position thru tomorrow's policy event?

Here is the my trade for last week in 30 min nifty...still this short intact taken at 24th