2022's 10 Best-Performing Stocks

The stock market is off to a shaky start to 2022. Fears over persistently high inflation, aggressive Federal Reserve interest rate hikes, and geopolitical conflict between Russia and Ukraine have the S&P 500 down 4.9% through the end of March. Fortunately for investors, a handful of top-performing stocks have bucked the bearish trend. Top performers include oil and gas stocks benefiting from surging energy prices and materials stocks capitalizing on supply chain disruptions. Here are the 10 best-performing stocks of 2022 so far among companies that trade on major U.S. exchanges and have market capitalizations of at least $1 billion. Returns are through March 31.

Occidental Petroleum Corp. (OXY)
LSB Industries Inc. (LXU)
US Silica Holdings Inc. (SLCA)
Golar LNG Ltd. (GLNG)
BRC Inc. (BRCC)
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS)
Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. (AMR)
RPC Inc. (RES)
Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU)
NexTier Oilfield Solutions Inc. (NEX)

Thank you for sharing this post. I find these stocks to be potential as they have gone into bearish trend allowing investors to buy them at low prices.

Among all the stocks that are mentioned, stocks of the companies related to oil or natural gas have high potential owing to the increasing demand and limited supply.

I have shortlisted BRC Inc. (BRCC), Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS), and Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. (AMR) for my portfolio. I would love to know if you can help me choose the best one out of these.

The stock market is off to a shaky start to 2022. Fears over persistently high inflation, aggressive Federal Reserve interest rate hikes, and geopolitical conflict between Russia and Ukraine have the S&P 500 down 4.9% through the end of March. Fortunately for investors, a handful of top-performing stocks have bucked the bearish trend. Top performers include oil and gas stocks benefiting from surging energy prices and materials stocks capitalizing on supply chain disruptions. Here are the 10 best-performing stocks of 2022 so far among companies that trade on major U.S. exchanges and have market capitalizations of at least $1 billion. Returns are through March 31.

Occidental Petroleum Corp. (OXY)
LSB Industries Inc. (LXU)
US Silica Holdings Inc. (SLCA)
Golar LNG Ltd. (GLNG)
BRC Inc. (BRCC)
Kosmos Energy Ltd. (KOS)
Alpha Metallurgical Resources Inc. (AMR)
RPC Inc. (RES)
Peabody Energy Corp. (BTU)
NexTier Oilfield Solutions Inc. (NEX)

Thank you for sharing this ...I think GLNG will be very good option to invest in future.

Thank you for this informative post. However, I would also like to mention MercadoLibre and Shopify, their stocks are pretty affordable and yet hold potential growth for the future.