200DaySMA

rangarajan

Todays, closed price crossed 200sma from below

ADVANIHOTRBRANDHOUSEBRFLJMTAUTOLTDLUMAXAUTOMUDRANBVENTURESOUDHSUGPDUMJEPULPPRAKASHSHYAMTELWINDMACHIN

If you want filter of volume and/or price level, please let me know.
We should filter such stocks which r trading above the High, starting from Financial year,ie 1/4/2010,from the above list.

prabhsingh

RR,

Suppose a stock is above 200 SMA and if its not able to sustain that 200 levels in one-two days or its not able to make new Hights,can we consider it best as for Shorting levels then.For e.g if we take example of VIP,stock was not able to cross 89.75 levels and after that its trading now at 84.85.Might this require more analysis but just felt to share thought to more refine the strategy,if possible.

rangarajan

RR,

Suppose a stock is above 200 SMA and if its not able to sustain that 200 levels in one-two days or its not able to make new Hights,can we consider it best as for Shorting levels then.For e.g if we take example of VIP,stock was not able to cross 89.75 levels and after that its trading now at 84.85.Might this require more analysis but just felt to share thought to more refine the strategy,if possible.
This strategy is only for Investment
Hence,Short,we r not considering.
But theoretically,it is possible for which consider mirror.

a1b1trader

We should filter such stocks which r trading above the High, starting from Financial year,ie 1/4/2010,from the above list.
I think this filter is not available in the system.
There are so many scans/searches, and it is very difficult to search or remember (if you are not using that scan/search criteria) all of them. It require many hours to go through all the scans and searches, if one wants to do all.

I can filter from this result the price and volume like more than or less than a particular level.
Like price more than 10 only or 50 or 100
Or volume more than 50000, 100000 etc. or not less than 25000

hmp

most of the stocks which crossed 200sma from below,performed very well today.
So,how to judge whether they r positional buy & what filter to be used?

buy abgship when closes above 405.4
buy ttml when closes above 15
buy spic when close above 20.5
how? Pl, show us method.

rangarajan

I think this filter is not available in the system.
There are so many scans/searches, and it is very difficult to search or remember (if you are not using that scan/search criteria) all of them. It require many hours to go through all the scans and searches, if one wants to do all.
I can filter from this result the price and volume like more than or less than a particular level.
Like price more than 10 only or 50 or 100
Or volume more than 50000, 100000 etc. or not less than 25000
It wont help because the filter is that besides crossing 200sma,they should be entered for positional when closing above the Highest value of the financial year.

So,if could not be screened,only manually we have to see.

Eg: Punjlloyd Though crossed 200sma previously(6th july 2012),onlyon 7/12 it was a Buy .See the volume expansion on that day.
CMP 61.25.

Last edited:

asnavale

Hi rangarajan,

I have seen this thread only today. (As you know I was out of town when this thread was started by you). I will try to post the list in this thread itself as and when the conditions are met.

-Anant

rangarajan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarajan
most of the stocks which crossed 200sma from below,performed very well today.
So,how to judge whether they r positional buy & what filter to be used?
buy abgship when closes above 405.4
buy ttml when closes above 15
buy spic when close above 20.5

Spic going up 21.3; Abg 410/413.45

While a Stock may qualify technically for a Buy,one should also check the credentials of the Promoter before buying.

Last edited:

rangarajan

RR,

Watch Bata .One can try shorting below 848,keeping initial s/l 899/905( for study purpose only of 200sma) CMP 855.2.
But ideally,as per the strategy,only when it closes below 769,it is positional short.

Last edited:

prabhsingh

RR,

What are your thoughts for LT?It has already broken 1536 PL and closed at 1531.95 in Spot Market.Now question is whether it can test 1500 which seems to be strong support level or it can make a comeback from Friday's level because this stock is already falling for last 7 sessions.