20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

checkmate7

Larry Williams won Trading World Cup in 1987. He converted $10K into $1.1M in 12 months. (Real money and not paper trading.)

10 years later, his daughter Michelle Williams who is also a Hollywood actress won the same world cup at age 17!

Anything is possible.
Yes sky is the limit :)

TracerBullet

Larry Williams won Trading World Cup in 1987. He converted $10K into $1.1M in 12 months. (Real money and not paper trading.)

10 years later, his daughter Michelle Williams who is also a Hollywood actress won the same world cup at age 17!

Anything is possible.
In trading competitions, people take optimal risk which is way higher then what they will ever do in real accounts. Risk of ruin is significant throughout.
They have to do that in a race, but they will not do that in real life with full sized accounts.
Andrea Unger, for example, has said that quite a few times and in one of his wins, he was 1 trade away from not being able to trade anymore.

So there are limits in real life, and muthu already mentioned that he does not use leverage.

In trading competitions, people take optimal risk which is way higher then what they will ever do in real accounts. Risk of ruin is significant throughout.
They have to do that in a race, but they will not do that in real life with full sized accounts.
Andrea Unger, for example, has said that quite a few times and in one of his wins, he was 1 trade away from not being able to trade anymore.

So there are limits in real life, and muthu already mentioned that he does not use leverage.
Yes Larry Williams was risking over 25% of his capital on each trade in that trading championship.......so very high leverage trading in trading competitions.....

Smart_trade

Romeo1998

Hello @marimuthu13 bhai,
i dont know y u still havnt automated ur strategy :) just automate ur strategy n keep improving it.... money will keep coming :)
now answering ur question.... i know a person who uses not 1 crore, not 10 crores, but exactly 13 crores everyday in intraday shorting of bnf n nf options, n per day he makes 0.25 to 0.26 % :)
which after taxes n everything is around 0.13 % per day... n almost 2.5 % per month.... which is any day better than bank fds which give chillara amount of 4-5 % per annum :) which after taxes is 2 to 2.5 % per annum...
so above 1 crore, i dont think 20 % per month is possible, but a decent return is very much possible... any day better than FDs :)
good luck :)

marimuthu13

Hello @marimuthu13 bhai,
i dont know y u still havnt automated ur strategy :) just automate ur strategy n keep improving it.... money will keep coming :)
now answering ur question.... i know a person who uses not 1 crore, not 10 crores, but exactly 13 crores everyday in intraday shorting of bnf n nf options, n per day he makes 0.25 to 0.26 % :)
which after taxes n everything is around 0.13 % per day... n almost 2.5 % per month.... which is any day better than bank fds which give chillara amount of 4-5 % per annum :) which after taxes is 2 to 2.5 % per annum...
so above 1 crore, i dont think 20 % per month is possible, but a decent return is very much possible... any day better than FDs :)
good luck :)
Brother, i love to do manual trading...even if all i wanted to automate, i prefer only basket order ..nothing more than that...

Automation is good for complex trade management..not for basic trade management...

Anyway will keep your input bro in mind

rajesh.singh

Breakout of ORB is different than consolidation breakout...many times i saw price coming back to fill my pending orders...
I mostly Trade Open, not on 15tf though but on 5tf, & faced order not getting fully filled even with100 qty. when used to trade Cash. with my experience slippages should not be an issue if one is trading Open, as it will happen for sure in Open even with Nifty & Bank Nifty, that i face almost in every order with Bank Nifty but math is good if your read is right. Most of the time you face slippages when there is an Urgency, and those trades will minimum go for 4-10 R, and most of those trade will never return back to your entry before hitting the target, so the cost of missing big trades is huge compare to you saved few ticks in many trades.
All the best

marimuthu13

I mostly Trade Open, not on 15tf though but on 5tf, & faced order not getting fully filled even with100 qty. when used to trade Cash. with my experience slippages should not be an issue if one is trading Open, as it will happen for sure in Open even with Nifty & Bank Nifty, that i face almost in every order with Bank Nifty but math is good if your read is right. Most of the time you face slippages when there is an Urgency, and those trades will minimum go for 4-10 R, and most of those trade will never return back to your entry before hitting the target, so the cost of missing big trades is huge compare to you saved few ticks in many trades.
All the best
Trading in 5 min tf is different than 15 min tf..for that matter 30 min tf....even if you miss one or trade out of 100 trades, it doesn't matter ji

travi

Anything is possible.
Apart from that being a competition with small sized starting a/c,
we should not forget the US volatility of 1987 :DD

That year paved changes to stock mkt behaviour more than any other single year in history imho :)
like the options pricing model etc

It is like having many months of Mar-2020.

mohan.sic

Muthu Bhai, for your idea of making 20% on X amount of capital without leverage -

Breakdown is just 1% a day. Even low volatile stocks can give that 1% move very easily on intraday.
1% is not really a big deal and everyone will agree on this and hence on 22 trading days 20% should not be a big issue.

There is lot of stuff and ideas here through which we can make money just like that in 15 mts... Of course at that rate of return we can buy town's and cities :) but jokes apart, I really think 1% a day or 20% a month is not really a big deal and some people must be easily making that.

sridhga

Apart from that being a competition with small sized starting a/c,
we should not forget the US volatility of 1987 :DD

That year paved changes to stock mkt behaviour more than any other single year in history imho :)
like the options pricing model etc

It is like having many months of Mar-2020.

Yes. You are right. Black Monday and Put Option pricing.

The collapse that day started with Hang Seng and it soon became a global pandemic!

Last edited: