20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Friends,

Is it possible to make 20% per month on avarage basis with capital above 1 crore in trading ( without gambling, means no F&O)
It would be very rare to achieve this consistently. You will need to invest in dubious stocks (midcap or small cap) to chase your target.

Think that what you are looking for is 240% a year! Taking in account you are not doing compounding. Now you tell me if it’s possible?

Friends,

Is it possible to make 20% per month on avarage basis with capital above 1 crore in trading ( without gambling, means no F&O)
You can if you invest your entire 1Cr in one good stock which gives 20 percent returns per month...million dollar question is there any such stock...And moreover risk will be way too big to keep all eggs in one basket..

If you diversify with some 20 odd good quality stocks and invest one cr in it...then 20 percent is too ambitious...but your risk will be curtailed to a great extent

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It would be very rare to achieve this consistently. You will need to invest in dubious stocks (midcap or small cap) to chase your target.

Think that what you are looking for is 240% a year! Taking in account you are not doing compounding. Now you tell me if it’s possible?
Brother please calculate again . . .

Nothing to comment on OP's question,
just pointing out the mistake in % calculation . . . :)

checkmate7

Okay ..question is whether we can achieve it only in Intraday trading....but without trading in options contact.....
Not possible in intraday...Also 20% each month is too high..don't know if anyone is doing it...
If there is bull market and it remains for 3-4 years you can make 5-10% monthly easily in swing but stock selection would be key with fixed rules for entry exit and tested properly..

marimuthu13

Not possible in intraday...Also 20% each month is too high..don't know if anyone is doing it...
If there is bull market and it remains for 3-4 years you can make 5-10% monthly easily in swing but stock selection would be key with fixed rules for entry exit and tested properly..
Not in each month..avarage per month...some months flat to negative, some months 20-50% .....

Why cannot we do it with 1 crore when we can do it with 5 to 10 L capital.. Not much difference in terms of liquidtity and sliapages

checkmate7

Not in each month..avarage per month...some months flat to negative, some months 20-50% .....

Why cannot we do it with 1 crore when we can do it with 5 to 10 L capital.. Not much difference in terms of liquidtity and sliapages
It can be done it's not impossible if you have good hold of stock market knowledge...Amount don't matter if you are pro and doing same thing over an over again...Only thing is it shouldn't be bear market since we cannot short here in indian market in swing

sumosanammain

What you should be asking is, what psychological changes to my mentality willing have to make, how much diversification over systems do I have to allocate, what can go wrong, and what can go right.
It's immaterial if you make 5 percent or 2 percent or 40 percent per month. On compounding even 5 percent, you can make a good return. But what else is needed to push it to 10, 15 or 50 percent, is the question.
How many years of data, how many black swans covered under that sample size, how many events with big movement scheduled, like budget, or unscheduled, like geopolitical tensions and such things does the data cover.
Answer these, and you will be in a better position to answer the question.
Also, in my opinion, making any amoutnof money, even 500 rupees, and holding onto that gain is not possible, unless you have a system that is easy to execute, has reasonable drawadown, and has, a high expectancy