20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

rajesh.singh

Excellent Stuff, thanks for explaining with charts too. It’s amazing that all see the same chart but only few people get so many details from it while it looks just like noise to many others. Few queries from my side, how do we know if it’s a reversal or pullback? Directional correctness, frankly, how do we get directional bias right? Not questioning the write up, genuinely asking to understand.
I guess this should suffice .
http://ninetrans.blogspot.com/2013/04/pattern.html
In fact After Al this the blog where I learn all about the Open. Though the blog is old and no more updates now a days, but Gold mine for any one seriously looking to Learn how to trade Open & Price Action & Market structure .

rajesh.singh

Thanks,Charts are very clear and informative. In first chart, deep pullback,the down candle was quite big, we assume it’s pullback since it’s reverses at whole number? Do we buy when it breaks out of swing high?
For deeppb setups idea is to have 2-3 Leg pb to some obvious support, here you can see it was at ema. Any big bar late in the move is mostly a fade, so once we have small bull bar at the lower range of bear bar it was perfect buy above that bull bar.

rajesh.singh

Hi Marimuthu Bro Thanks for starting a nice thread.Here I can see so many traders are coming & giving their inputs, which is tradition of traderji.After a long time, I have been seeing some real trading stuff on Price action.So Most of the credit goes to you to start a constructive thread about ORB .

I second your thought.Manual testing & bar by bar replay can give us the pulse of market.I can tell from my experience , that reading of 100 books can not give as much knowledge as I get from watching some charts & spend time with charts.Even , I can tell from my experience that when you watch charts, we observe repetitive price patterns which no book will mention, it will be ones unique experience.I can not articulate in words, but its something we imbibe in our brains, when we see chart bar by bar. Its my own quote for market"HAR CANDLE KUCH KAHTI HAI" You need ears to listen it.That ears come after watching 1000s of chart.Watching charts & giving 10000s hours of screentime is the way to trading success.
I personally beileive in your thread title.We can do it.It doesnt matter if somebody thinks its impossible or not.But I beileive, if somebody follows what marimuthu bro,Rajesh bro & our other renowned traders suggest, we can definately reach the goal.But hardwork, persistence & patience is needed.I personally beileive , NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
To Isi baat par Ek sher ho jaye" KAUN KAHTA HAI, KI AASMAAN MAIN CHED HO NAHI SAKTA, EK PATHAR TO TABEEYAT SEY UCHHALO YAARON"
Bad Translation would be- Who says, that we cant put hole on sky, just throw up a stone with full efforts, My friends"
Thanks a lot to everyone.
all the best
keep learning & keep sharing
Perfect.
I personally feel nothing can beat the bar replay, and it should be the part of daily rituals, if one serious about Price Action.

rjshem

Good afternoon Rjshem Sir
I am very happy to see you in this thread.You are not much active nowadays in traderji, thats the loss for trader like me.
I can tell with so much gratitude to you that You are the person who show me the way to see Price action in objective way by sharing your so many setups. You are the man whom I respect so much for sharing your knowledge & experience generously.I will be always greatful to you.

Watching 1000s of charts which I have been writing in my yday post, is the Mantra which I got & learnt from Rjshem Sir only.He is the inspiration behind that.I can tell from my experience that he is one of the greatest trader who help fellow traders generously, silently & with great humbleness.
Thanks a lot Sir for everything.May God Bless you always.
Please keep coming & posting
Regards
Thanks for such kind humble words .i am bit busy with few things so not much active here i have already shared most of things i know here .take care of your health thats most important thing in life.good to see you share your knowledge .all the best.

sridhga

Has anyone attempting to get some results?

So far ONLY happy singh ji responded with some less than 5 % return using a ORB

Another guy who called me over the phone, said he was getting around 10% - 15%.

Anyone is else trying?

Another important criteria while selection of gap stock is gap above PDH/gap below PDL...

So stocks should be open 1% higher /lower from previous close and same open price should be either PDH/PDL...

This is only sample pertaining to trading GAP ....

And further filter can be applied looking at first 15 minutes candle ( whether green or red) , etc etc....

Also 5 stocks per day ,and R:R of 1:1 and win rate of 70% is only broad guidelines..if someone looking at ONLY these criteria wont get desired results..

Whole idea is make it fully mechanical , right from stock selection to qty calculations to entry/exit rules...

Yes.

I am trading with small capital in live testing on this strategy. Somehow, I do not like back tests. I will explain why.
If you have some old files/papers/correspondence etc in your home and you wish to sort/discard etc., manually going through them one by one will be more useful. The other alternate is to pass it through a confetti shredder. You know the difference in the results.

All trading is about probabilities. You run them through the machine and you get machine cut results. You walk through the system in live scenario, you can make modifications yourself. Many trading systems work including ORB. But to get it to work for us, we need to walk with it. Then we can make changes to the system ourselves as we go along with it. Most such well known strategies work. But we need to manually search for the room for error in that system ourselves.
The same scrip, if tested over several years may not really work. That is because an individual scrip goes through periods of range expansion and contraction. ORB works only during expansion days.

Started trading this strategy this week. The initial results are so far encouraging.

Last edited:

marimuthu13

Yes.

I am trading with small capital in live testing on this strategy. Somehow, I do not like back tests. I will explain why.
If you have some old files/papers/correspondence etc in your home and you wish to sort/discard etc., manually going through them one by one will be more useful. The other alternate is to pass it through a confetti shredder. You know the difference in the results.

All trading is about probabilities. You run them through the machine and you get machine cut results. You walk through the system in live scenario, you can make modifications yourself. Many trading systems work including ORB. But to get it to work for us, we need to walk with it. Then we can make changes to the system ourselves as we go along with it. Most such well known strategies work. But we need to manually search for the room for error in that system ourselves.
The same scrip, if tested over several years may not really work. That is because an individual scrip goes through periods of range expansion and contraction. ORB works only during expansion days.

Started trading this strategy this week. The initial results are so far encouraging.
All the best brother

sridhga

Instead of 15 mins , take 1 hour as Opening Range.
Limit yourself to 1 trade a day.
Set time based exit say 15:15 is exit time.

This point would help me improve my system. I was going through the trades that gave me losses during this week in this method. Taking 1 hour as OR would have worked for me on those loss making trades.

Even the OP has stated in an earlier post that his system is more successful for trades taken after 10 am.

Last edited:

XRAY27

Logged in after long time...nice thread Mari, keep going,Strike rate ,DD cycle ,Mechanics of risk management,play a lot for 20 % ROI..

Happy Durgastami to all