20% ROI per month on captial above 1 Cr possible?

Trading Open, is bit complex and complete system in itself, just summarizing the thought process I follow to trade Open, and this is system neutral, in respective on trading style or system on follow. As few of you aware my trading style is entirely based on Al Brooks, and what I trade and sharing below are based on that.
In Open there are primarily three kind of setup & every setup is based on below three Parameter, and these parameters are universal in respective of the trading style one follow.
First is the Context. This is supreme, unless we read the context right, we can’t trade right. First thing here is Directional Correctness, followed by Market structure and then the setup.
Second is Location, the trade has to be at some obvious support either at Trend Line or Ema, or whatever way one can define S/R . Advantages of good Location we mostly get Low risk Setup, and most bigger swing move comes from these Location itself. so Location is the key for Setup and Stop.
And third one is strong Signal bar, Advantage of strong signal bar, even if setups fail it gives ample time to scratch. I use simple rule here, if the setup I enter on strong signal bar and entry bar is weak, I just look to bail, as if my read is right then it should be strong entry bar, if anything else means I am wrong with my read and if wrong then no point to wait for stop to hit. Strong signal bars enhance the Probability.
With experience quality of signal bar can be bit laxed provided overall context & Location in place.
So Once I read the context Right, and define Proper Location & Signal bar, following Setups usually I trade.
First one is First pullback(1Pb) after trend, this is best setup, There too first Deep Pullback, ( first 2-3 Leg Pullback after Trend), having around more than 70% probability. So if one need to focus & master then this is The SETUP. in fact, this one setup if one master one doesn’t need any other thing…more than enough for living. Great Math in terms of Probability & R:R
Second one is First Reversal, or Opening Reversal : (1 Rev) A strong reversal from High, Low or Previous close, or reversal from weak trend move in the Open, easy to read and trade again…. And if works goes big.
Point to note here, in Open be ready for Multiple reversals as how strong the move may appear there are more than 50% of Probability of at least 1-2 Reversals. Second Important point for Reversals, once you read that market is reversed, then look for pullback setups in the new direction only, as Pullbacks are the setups in the direction of trend.
Also, only trend can reverse, so no reversal setups in Trading Ranges.
Third one Is Failed Breakout,(Fbo) either failed break out of High-low or Swings on Trading Range days, here second failed Break out attempt will mostly be swing trade. This setup only in Trading Range Price Action.
Apart from the Setups I Guess couple of things if one follow and do religiously it should work wonder in respective of the system. First having the habit of drawing Trend Lines, and base most of the trading decision at Trendline, this itself will enhance Probability, as Trend Line to my understanding is most dynamic, easy and potent trading tool in respective of trading Style. Second counting the Legs, Either in Trend or Trading Range… Counting Legs, and anchoring trades based on it will solve dual purpose , First it will provide best setups to trade, along with work as filter to avoid many bad trades For example to avoid fresh entries or tightening the stop after 3-4 Legs in the given move.
Last the setups should to easy to read and trade in real time , as What I have experienced most big trades comes from most simple setups, and I use simple heuristic here, if any setup that needed effort to read, will not work or not go big. Best Setups mostly present itself. So just focus on couple of Pet Setups ,that should be easy to read real time, and just trade those only to start with. Idea is to have minimal moving parts or discretion, or friction real time. And once in trade, trade management should be mechanical based on the pre defined math and no discretion here, let the math works, in respective of the outcome on individual trades. Though easier said than done, but slowly mind will accept it.
I guess above mention points are central for any trading system.
Below is the Generic Market structure for Trading Open.
1. The opening bar
2. The opening range
3. Breakout and possible reversal of the opening range
4. The AM trend
5. Lunch consolidation
6. Breakout from lunch consolidation
7. The PM trend

All the Best.
Excellent Stuff, thanks for explaining with charts too. It’s amazing that all see the same chart but only few people get so many details from it while it looks just like noise to many others. Few queries from my side, how do we know if it’s a reversal or pullback? Directional correctness, frankly, how do we get directional bias right? Not questioning the write up, genuinely asking to understand.

I hope I am not hijacking the thread, if feel something off..please let me know... posting few charts with my actual trades of the three setups I mentioned in the earlier post.
Thanks,Charts are very clear and informative. In first chart, deep pullback,the down candle was quite big, we assume it’s pullback since it’s reverses at whole number? Do we buy when it breaks out of swing high?

Last edited:

VJAY

Trading Open, is bit complex and complete system in itself, just summarizing the thought process I follow to trade Open, and this is system neutral, in respective on trading style or system on follow. As few of you aware my trading style is entirely based on Al Brooks, and what I trade and sharing below are based on that.
In Open there are primarily three kind of setup & every setup is based on below three Parameter, and these parameters are universal in respective of the trading style one follow.
First is the Context. This is supreme, unless we read the context right, we can’t trade right. First thing here is Directional Correctness, followed by Market structure and then the setup.
Second is Location, the trade has to be at some obvious support either at Trend Line or Ema, or whatever way one can define S/R . Advantages of good Location we mostly get Low risk Setup, and most bigger swing move comes from these Location itself. so Location is the key for Setup and Stop.
And third one is strong Signal bar, Advantage of strong signal bar, even if setups fail it gives ample time to scratch. I use simple rule here, if the setup I enter on strong signal bar and entry bar is weak, I just look to bail, as if my read is right then it should be strong entry bar, if anything else means I am wrong with my read and if wrong then no point to wait for stop to hit. Strong signal bars enhance the Probability.
With experience quality of signal bar can be bit laxed provided overall context & Location in place.
So Once I read the context Right, and define Proper Location & Signal bar, following Setups usually I trade.
First one is First pullback(1Pb) after trend, this is best setup, There too first Deep Pullback, ( first 2-3 Leg Pullback after Trend), having around more than 70% probability. So if one need to focus & master then this is The SETUP. in fact, this one setup if one master one doesn’t need any other thing…more than enough for living. Great Math in terms of Probability & R:R
Second one is First Reversal, or Opening Reversal : (1 Rev) A strong reversal from High, Low or Previous close, or reversal from weak trend move in the Open, easy to read and trade again…. And if works goes big.
Point to note here, in Open be ready for Multiple reversals as how strong the move may appear there are more than 50% of Probability of at least 1-2 Reversals. Second Important point for Reversals, once you read that market is reversed, then look for pullback setups in the new direction only, as Pullbacks are the setups in the direction of trend.
Also, only trend can reverse, so no reversal setups in Trading Ranges.
Third one Is Failed Breakout,(Fbo) either failed break out of High-low or Swings on Trading Range days, here second failed Break out attempt will mostly be swing trade. This setup only in Trading Range Price Action.
Apart from the Setups I Guess couple of things if one follow and do religiously it should work wonder in respective of the system. First having the habit of drawing Trend Lines, and base most of the trading decision at Trendline, this itself will enhance Probability, as Trend Line to my understanding is most dynamic, easy and potent trading tool in respective of trading Style. Second counting the Legs, Either in Trend or Trading Range… Counting Legs, and anchoring trades based on it will solve dual purpose , First it will provide best setups to trade, along with work as filter to avoid many bad trades For example to avoid fresh entries or tightening the stop after 3-4 Legs in the given move.
Last the setups should to easy to read and trade in real time , as What I have experienced most big trades comes from most simple setups, and I use simple heuristic here, if any setup that needed effort to read, will not work or not go big. Best Setups mostly present itself. So just focus on couple of Pet Setups ,that should be easy to read real time, and just trade those only to start with. Idea is to have minimal moving parts or discretion, or friction real time. And once in trade, trade management should be mechanical based on the pre defined math and no discretion here, let the math works, in respective of the outcome on individual trades. Though easier said than done, but slowly mind will accept it.
I guess above mention points are central for any trading system.
Below is the Generic Market structure for Trading Open.
1. The opening bar
2. The opening range
3. Breakout and possible reversal of the opening range
4. The AM trend
5. Lunch consolidation
6. Breakout from lunch consolidation
7. The PM trend

All the Best.
Nice write up ...even one setup if one can trade he will be winner....

Last edited:

VJAY

Hello

After Rajesh's inputs and points to Al Brooks
Downloaded a summary presentation Trading the Open

Link: https://www.brookstradingcourse.com...ks-TradersEXPO-Las-Vegas-Trading-The-Open.pdf

Very interesting observation / analysis is presented about opening bar / candle

20% of the times we get a High or Low on first Bar, 50% of the times its within first 30/45 minutes and 70% of the time within first 90 minutes

But why believe in Al Brooks when we can test for our self :)

Code:
// Scanner for Day Hi Lo Bar Number
H1 = TimeFrameGetPrice("H",inDaily,0);
L1 = TimeFrameGetPrice("L",inDaily,0);

ND = Day() != Ref(Day(), -1);
Bars  = BarsSince(ND) + 1;

Hi_Count = ValueWhen(H==H1,Bars);
Lo_Count = ValueWhen(L==L1,Bars);

Filter = TimeNum()>152900 AND TimeNum()<153000;

AddColumn(High,"High",1.2);
AddColumn(Low,"Low",1.2);
AddColumn(Close,"Close",1.2);
AddColumn(Hi_Count,"Hi Bar No",1.0);
AddColumn(Lo_Count,"Lo Bar No",1.0);

Thanks to everyone participating on this thread :up:

But why believe in Al Brooks when we can test for our self...:up::cool::)

marimuthu13

Marimuthu. Happy singh bhai and others excellent thread. onesetup with high probability and excellent reward is bearish close previous day today first bar close above previous day high.this gives less trades but whatever trade u get gives excellent reward .
hi..how are you..
1st bar , you mean 1st 15 min bar? and this is for buy set up right? also 1st bar should be green or even red is okay ?

niftytaurus

Marimuthu. Happy singh bhai and others excellent thread. onesetup with high probability and excellent reward is bearish close previous day today first bar close above previous day high.this gives less trades but whatever trade u get gives excellent reward .
Good afternoon Rjshem Sir
I am very happy to see you in this thread.You are not much active nowadays in traderji, thats the loss for trader like me.
I can tell with so much gratitude to you that You are the person who show me the way to see Price action in objective way by sharing your so many setups. You are the man whom I respect so much for sharing your knowledge & experience generously.I will be always greatful to you.

Watching 1000s of charts which I have been writing in my yday post, is the Mantra which I got & learnt from Rjshem Sir only.He is the inspiration behind that.I can tell from my experience that he is one of the greatest trader who help fellow traders generously, silently & with great humbleness.
Thanks a lot Sir for everything.May God Bless you always.
Please keep coming & posting
Regards

rajesh.singh

Great rajesh , hats off to you for your detailed write up..
I always wonder how people able to write such a detailed reply..it shows your dedication....

Coming to ORB, ORB is preferred for its simplicity , just buy above high or sell below low

But your way of trading ORB is more complex , hence i assume your system should perform better with lesser DD...
Nothing about DD. See the core difference is here you trade just one setup, wherein I trade one Scrip, so must have system in place for different kind of Market structure.
I personally believe any system that is simple to trade real time and having positive expectancy is far more better than the system having better expectancy but complex to read & execute.

rajesh.singh

Hello

After Rajesh's inputs and points to Al Brooks
Downloaded a summary presentation Trading the Open

Link: https://www.brookstradingcourse.com...ks-TradersEXPO-Las-Vegas-Trading-The-Open.pdf

Very interesting observation / analysis is presented about opening bar / candle

20% of the times we get a High or Low on first Bar, 50% of the times its within first 30/45 minutes and 70% of the time within first 90 minutes

But why believe in Al Brooks when we can test for our self :)

Code:
// Scanner for Day Hi Lo Bar Number
H1 = TimeFrameGetPrice("H",inDaily,0);
L1 = TimeFrameGetPrice("L",inDaily,0);

ND = Day() != Ref(Day(), -1);
Bars  = BarsSince(ND) + 1;

Hi_Count = ValueWhen(H==H1,Bars);
Lo_Count = ValueWhen(L==L1,Bars);

Filter = TimeNum()>152900 AND TimeNum()<153000;

AddColumn(High,"High",1.2);
AddColumn(Low,"Low",1.2);
AddColumn(Close,"Close",1.2);
AddColumn(Hi_Count,"Hi Bar No",1.0);
AddColumn(Lo_Count,"Lo Bar No",1.0);

Thanks to everyone participating on this thread :up:

Sounds good. Though I never felt the need to test, but for sure looking forward what sort it result it shows in our market too.