20 % profit on capital employed...! consistently

imfine

Hi,

If you are reading this then would request you to please share your view on this.

"I have tried many times (during last two years) on day trading but if i calculate I am in loss of approx. 1 - 1.5 lacs. oits last couple of months I stopped trading and decided to learn.

I found many learning tools and especially the threads written by Saint. During this period I understand that I was wrong on very first belief of what share mkt is ?

Now I am ready to face the market again but few things I need to get views of others like you.

1. During last one month I have managed to get 35% of profit ( paper trading )........ is it a good start ?
2. I am mainly focused on minifty / nifty as planned to trade only one script at a time....... a right choice of script ?
3. I can start up with 50k - 1 lac but want to retest confidence with initial capital for 1 lot of nifty....... is it right capital keeping in mind mini nifty/ nifty & also considering money mgmt ?

I know in paper trading you have no fear,greed factor though I am not in hurry and understand that in real mkt they play important role.

would like your views and comment on how to smoothly switch from paper trading to live trading....

thanks in advance.

Hi,

If you are reading this then would request you to please share your view on this.

"I have tried many times (during last two years) on day trading but if i calculate I am in loss of approx. 1 - 1.5 lacs. oits last couple of months I stopped trading and decided to learn.

I found many learning tools and especially the threads written by Saint. During this period I understand that I was wrong on very first belief of what share mkt is ?

Now I am ready to face the market again but few things I need to get views of others like you.

1. During last one month I have managed to get 35% of profit ( paper trading )........ is it a good start ?
2. I am mainly focused on minifty / nifty as planned to trade only one script at a time....... a right choice of script ?
3. I can start up with 50k - 1 lac but want to retest confidence with initial capital for 1 lot of nifty....... is it right capital keeping in mind mini nifty/ nifty & also considering money mgmt ?

I know in paper trading you have no fear,greed factor though I am not in hurry and understand that in real mkt they play important role.

would like your views and comment on how to smoothly switch from paper trading to live trading....

thanks in advance.
ok. Now you have tested your method/strategy on demo. for the real thing. Invest just 20k , Keep risk @ 1-3% and day trade for one month. see where you are after one month.

After one month - Is the live account blown or in profits?

Hi,

thanks in advance.

Trust me on this paper trading is VERY VERY EASY compared to the real thing.
I would have doubled my account in 1 month is paper trading.
but am in loss in my real account ,

suggestion : decide before getting into a trade what is the exactly amount of money / exact amount of pt u will keep at SL and whats your profit target . This will help you to get rid of the fear n greed to an extent .

avad

Dude paper tradeing is totally worthless in my opinon....it can only be used to backtest if the system has worked in the past. And before you trade in nifty or minifty trade in small quantity of stock.

pakatil

IMF,

50 K for day trading 1 - 2 lots of MNF is quite fair.

Try it out. Nothing can match real time trading.

All the best.

imfine

Dude paper tradeing is totally worthless in my opinon....it can only be used to backtest if the system has worked in the past. And before you trade in nifty or minifty trade in small quantity of stock.
Hi Avad,

Thanks for reply.

Paper trading i find useful when you have to check you paitence and to control your emotions as i have blown up around 1 lac in past and I was in haste of getting my lost money back. But I gave myself some time and as suggested by many in this forum to try paper trading. I followed it and initially got the same emotions (fear , greed etc) coming to foreplay.

But later i developed a system and found it working. The system is working on chart and other factors but on the platform of "Paitence".

But yes you are right its on paper only i have to test it on live.

once again thanks for your reply.

take care

Hi Dude.. Thanks for the post. 20 % consistently is a good return.Could you please guide me to start with the trade. What is the strategy to be adopted as I am very raw in this and made lots of loss.

avad

Hi Avad,

Thanks for reply.

Paper trading i find useful when you have to check you paitence and to control your emotions as i have blown up around 1 lac in past and I was in haste of getting my lost money back. But I gave myself some time and as suggested by many in this forum to try paper trading. I followed it and initially got the same emotions (fear , greed etc) coming to foreplay.

But later i developed a system and found it working. The system is working on chart and other factors but on the platform of "Paitence".

But yes you are right its on paper only i have to test it on live.

once again thanks for your reply.

take care
You yourself have said what is ne of the most important aspects in trading...PATIENCE....master it and you will benefit.

As for live testing even if you trade in 1 share only it is far better than papertrading.

Good luck:thumb:

imfine

Hi Dude.. Thanks for the post. 20 % consistently is a good return.Could you please guide me to start with the trade. What is the strategy to be adopted as I am very raw in this and made lots of loss.
Hi forragu,

welcome to world of trading. Friend I take it that you have not read it carefully. I have lost during my two years and recently after lot of working i have started posting 35 % profit using a system but that on paper trading. Soon i will be starting again the live trading but for that I am accepting views of others.

As you said you are new then i am sure these views will also help you.

All the best. :thumb:

sanjosedesi

35 per cent per week, month, year?
Hi forragu,

welcome to world of trading. Friend I take it that you have not read it carefully. I have lost during my two years and recently after lot of working i have started posting 35 % profit using a system but that on paper trading. Soon i will be starting again the live trading but for that I am accepting views of others.

As you said you are new then i am sure these views will also help you.

All the best. :thumb: