20 % profit on capital employed...! consistently

imfine

ok. Now you have tested your method/strategy on demo. for the real thing. Invest just 20k , Keep risk @ 1-3% and day trade for one month. see where you are after one month.

After one month - Is the live account blown or in profits?
hi TD,

thanks for reply. I am thinking of keeping a bench mark of 20% of the capital traded.

Now at the same time i dont think that one has to trade everyday. As one rule i came up with during my testing time is that not all days are trading days (thats where your paitence will be checked) as one is always tempted to enter trade if he is watching the trade, hence my first preference will be to hold to my rules and second to post consistent profit during trading days so it might be one month or 5 days...

thanks

imfine

35 per cent per week, month, year?
Hi San,

During these learning i understand that mostly we calculate profit in week,month or year. but i feel keeping in mind the number of days you traded, loss and profit the percentage varies.
e.g.
lets say you found only 10 tradable days out of a month but you sidelined paitence and traded everyday then you chances of sinking in loss is very very high. but at the same time you trade only 10 tradeable days in 2 or 3 months but with handsome profit then your percentage of profit will be much more if you compare it at month basis.

in nutshell i think that " NOT ALL DAYS ARE TRADEABLE, SO NOT ALL DAYS CAN BE COUNTED TO CALCULATE YOUR OUTCOME PERCENTAGE"

if i talk about my paper trading i traded only 9 days out of 22 days. out of which 2 trades were in slight loss and 7 were in very high profit. later if i calculate on 30 days parameter then also it comes to 35.39%.

what i think is not trading on those 22 days makes the difference !

thanks and want your view on this.

pav

Hi,

If you are reading this then would request you to please share your view on this.

"I have tried many times (during last two years) on day trading but if i calculate I am in loss of approx. 1 - 1.5 lacs. oits last couple of months I stopped trading and decided to learn.

I found many learning tools and especially the threads written by Saint. During this period I understand that I was wrong on very first belief of what share mkt is ?

Now I am ready to face the market again but few things I need to get views of others like you.

1. During last one month I have managed to get 35% of profit ( paper trading )........ is it a good start ?
2. I am mainly focused on minifty / nifty as planned to trade only one script at a time....... a right choice of script ?
3. I can start up with 50k - 1 lac but want to retest confidence with initial capital for 1 lot of nifty....... is it right capital keeping in mind mini nifty/ nifty & also considering money mgmt ?

I know in paper trading you have no fear,greed factor though I am not in hurry and understand that in real mkt they play important role.

would like your views and comment on how to smoothly switch from paper trading to live trading....

thanks in advance.

Hi imfine,
your method is intraday or swing or positional ?
and what timeframe you are using 5 min, 15 min ,30min,60min or daily ?

thanks

imfine

Hi imfine,
your method is intraday or swing or positional ?
and what timeframe you are using 5 min, 15 min ,30min,60min or daily ?

thanks
Hi Pav,

Its purely intraday no carry forward. If you have read saint's thread on how to fish. He always gives importance on keeping the things simple and wait for right point/time to enter and ride the trend hence for that no timeframe.

Few things i followed strictly is:
1. SL of 10 points (ref saints 60 min theory)
2. Trail SL.
3. Strict follow of moneymgmt.

Apart from that I trade only in Minifty/Nifty hence day's low/ high also plays there role in entering trade.

thanks.

sanjosedesi

Hi San,

During these learning i understand that mostly we calculate profit in week,month or year. but i feel keeping in mind the number of days you traded, loss and profit the percentage varies.
e.g.
lets say you found only 10 tradable days out of a month but you sidelined paitence and traded everyday then you chances of sinking in loss is very very high. but at the same time you trade only 10 tradeable days in 2 or 3 months but with handsome profit then your percentage of profit will be much more if you compare it at month basis.

in nutshell i think that " NOT ALL DAYS ARE TRADEABLE, SO NOT ALL DAYS CAN BE COUNTED TO CALCULATE YOUR OUTCOME PERCENTAGE"

if i talk about my paper trading i traded only 9 days out of 22 days. out of which 2 trades were in slight loss and 7 were in very high profit. later if i calculate on 30 days parameter then also it comes to 35.39%.

what i think is not trading on those 22 days makes the difference !

thanks and want your view on this.
Boss you are giving a long story where a short one will work. You brought up the numbers 20 and 35 in the discussion so we obviously wonder what is the meaning of this. It seems 35 percent is for a period of 2 months (my assessment) These are great returns and project to doubling your money every year even after paying taxes. But 2 months is a short time ... you might have been trading only bull cycles or only trading ranges, or something which worked then but may not in future. Anyway, if you can double your money every year (or better), don't be in a hurry to jump in, spend another 2-3 months learning, testing and paper trading. You will not regret it.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Hi,

1. During last one month I have managed to get 35% of profit ( paper trading )........
thanks in advance.
Boss you are giving a long story where a short one will work. You brought up the numbers 20 and 35 in the discussion so we obviously wonder what is the meaning of this. It seems 35 percent is for a period of 2 months (my assessment) These are great returns and project to doubling your money every year even after paying taxes. .
SJD he has clearly mentioned its 35% per month..........

imfine

Boss you are giving a long story where a short one will work. You brought up the numbers 20 and 35 in the discussion so we obviously wonder what is the meaning of this. It seems 35 percent is for a period of 2 months (my assessment) These are great returns and project to doubling your money every year even after paying taxes. But 2 months is a short time ... you might have been trading only bull cycles or only trading ranges, or something which worked then but may not in future. Anyway, if you can double your money every year (or better), don't be in a hurry to jump in, spend another 2-3 months learning, testing and paper trading. You will not regret it.
Hi SJD,

Thanks for reply,

Sorry if this sounds like story.

Its one month performance on the capital of 1 lac in nifty. The whole system is based on 60 mins reading of saint theory. but with slight restraint on reverse entry and filter.

As he said to reverse the entry if SL met but for that i feel fast on hand is required (i m practising it thats y my number of tradable days are less) secondly, filter, i have used 10 istead of 9 suggested by saint.

Yes i will continue practising for few more tradable days to enhance my confidence.

Thanks once again

imfine

hi,

today started with real cash with an aim of checking the system in real market.

capital employed 25k. (with this money can trade 1 lot of nifty or 2 lots of Minifty) but keeping in mind the strict money management rule. entered market with one lot of minifty with strict loss at 2%. hold the position till 12.15pm with 45 points in profit. reenter the market and stayed till end totally a point tally of 105. coming to the profit of Rs. 2100

so, as maths says capital traded around 11k for one lot of MNF and profit is 2100 (20% approx.)

will continue to test the system on few more trades. !

thanks