1L Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

suri112000

I have made more than Rs.1 lakh on few occasions. The drawdowns are also almost equal. Most of my profits come from positional trading (both from long and short.... but mostly long).

I donot trade with more than Rs.2 lakhs in intraday. Intraday capital is very tiny when compared with my overall portfolio in equities and mutual funds. The losses from intraday trading won't impact much to my overall portfolio. Intra is only to enhance overall return if any possible.

I aim for a CARG of 25% per annum whereas I have achieved only 18% till now. But improving it year after year.

Subhadip

Yes amandeep,well said.
But there are still few traders who are having a decent capital but making losses.They are either breakeven or minor loss,but not making atleast 1L per month.

I visited my local brokers firm here and found out that no one is really making 1L(atleast 1L from full time trading only).

ST Sir and Few Zerodha Winners are exceptions,but what about the others who are active and posting in this forum?
We have some good traders here who shared many strategies,trading dairies in this forum.I'm thankful to them.Are they making atleast 1L from full time trading?

The question is very simple but it has a very deep sentiment.
Yes. I do. But sadly not FTT though

augubhai

Hi,
I am tracking most of you anonymously and found out that most of you are doing some part time job.:cool::thumb:
Also,there are many traders like me who are in a loosing-making-loosing phase.:annoyed::mad::(

So,my query is-How many of you are making atleast around 1L per month on average from full time trading only?

Knowing answer won’t help me recovering my losses.But you know why such queries come out.

I don’t need any proof, contract note or your strategy.
Just an honest, “Yes,I do..” is more than enough.
No, I don't... and I am a full time trader.

I did earn 1 lakh per month for a few months in 2009 & 2010, doing only intraday trading with ICICI Direct (at that time 0.85% brokerage per side), but I was not a full time trader then, and spent only a few minutes at day open and close to trade the ORB method that I mentioned here:
http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/52959-augubhais-orb-system.html

I currently don't trade ORB system because it has huge drawdowns, that eat up most of the winnings. Instead I am focusing on (hopefully) more consistent systems and money management.

Last edited:

HappyLife

Hi,
I am tracking most of you anonymously and found out that most of you are doing some part time job.:cool::thumb:
Also,there are many traders like me who are in a loosing-making-loosing phase.:annoyed::mad::(

So,my query is-How many of you are making atleast around 1L per month on average from full time trading only?

Knowing answer won’t help me recovering my losses.But you know why such queries come out.

Simple question (no twist & turn) but irrelevant

I am a full time trader & I am happy as I never traded beyond by risk tolerance level.
So my earning = risk taken

aja

Simple question (no twist & turn) but irrelevant

I am a full time trader & I am happy as I never traded beyond by risk tolerance level.
So my earning = risk taken
Its Ok HappyLife if my question is irrelevant for you.
But what if its making a huge difference in my life and making it a HappyLife?? :)

Thanks for your reply.

HappyLife

Its Ok HappyLife if my question is irrelevant for you.
But what if its making a huge difference in my life and making it a HappyLife?? :)

Thanks for your reply.
It depends on context of happiness.
To earn 1L if I get heart attack then I will prefer 50k and if that to 2much for me then I will stick for 20k.

For your 1L per month Q?

One friendly advice why are you conducting this poll?
By conducting this poll you just putting yourself under mental barrier rather start thinking that 1L per month is not an imaginary figure & each and every TJ members earn 1L per month except you may be due to your incomplete knowledge about market.
So give yourself 1 more year to learn and to get perfect.

And honestly speaking 1L is not that much of a big deal but to do that you needs good capital (min 8to10L) + good knowledge about market.

Good wish for you HappyLife.:)

Hi,

yes i trade stock commodities options futures currencies....make way more than 1L and still say it is very very very difficult.

if your capital is 50- 80+ lakh than you can earn 1 lakh and dont feel excited about it. but if your capital is only 1-5 lakh than profit of 1 lakh feel like you win a lottery. but you are not playing lottery. you are trading and it is a hardest business. and like any other business you need capital to survive . so understand the cost of doing business and do the homework properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.