17070-price out of range-Z

Hi All,

I had bought 22400PE, but when I tried to square it off at 1:16PM,order got cancelled automatically saying 17070- price out of range. The spot price was at 22450, and I could sell it after few minutes but at a lower price. I contacted Z and they said they don’t have any control since this is done by NSE. Googled a bit,found few examples.Does this happen with Z only or other brokers too? can I raise a complaint? has this happened to any of you?

C0FE53C7-2C22-4A4E-8D72-3CB80D727199.jpeg

Hi All,

I had bought 22400PE, but when I tried to square it off at 1:16PM,order got cancelled automatically saying 17070- price out of range. The spot price was at 22450, and I could sell it after few minutes but at a lower price. I contacted Z and they said they don’t have any control since this is done by NSE. Googled a bit,found few examples.Does this happen with Z only or other brokers too? can I raise a complaint? has this happened to any of you?

View attachment 44175
What other screenshots do you have ? This one does not show the complete order, time etc.

You can raise a complaint with SEBI or NSE, alongwith a copy of your communication with Zerodha. Make sure that you have also raised a complaint with Zerodha through email, received a ticket number and have a complete record in writing.

Do this with whichever broker you are working with.

I have screenshots showing time, I spoke on phone with Z customer care, I have raised a complaint through their portal and still waiting for reply. Will try complaining to SEBI and NSE. Thanks

see the margin calculator page.
Current expiry and next expiry strikes for NS / BN get updated there.
That’s a different thing, this Is based on 1 min mov avg. “ this is dynamic and not available even to brokers until NSE updates it, this happens if there is sudden movement in contracts” as told by Z. I have raised a complaint with NSE,will update once they reply.

travi

That’s a different thing, this Is based on 1 min mov avg. “ this is dynamic and not available even to brokers until NSE updates it, this happens if there is sudden movement in contracts” as told by Z. I have raised a complaint with NSE,will update once they reply.
i read through the whole i got it now.

Guys at NSE are not clear. To apply 1min moving avg, this seems to be the culprit. It will take few minutes for MA to stabilize at a price. most of my trades occur in range so never faced this but it can cause big trading problems.
But unlike ppl saying on Z website, this will be true for all orders and therefore in one way it levels out the playing field.
I'm not sure if orders cant be modified if when out of exec range. some seem to mention that too.

Last edited: