15 min. Breakout - tradingisfishing

MSN1979

Hi MSN

What criteria do you follow for stock selection

Thanks

Atul

I use multiple combinations for selecting scrips.

1. Direction of Trend in morning
2. Volumes Traded of individual scrips
3. Mix of Nifty and Nifty Fno
4. Repeat scrip till has move left ( follow up ) If direction of trend is clear, else move to some other scrip
5. Avoid picking same sectors but not mandatory
6. Top gainers and loosers after 9:25
7. Check money control for scrips in news

Usually my decisions are not influenced by news. Before market starts I would select 4-5 scrips and check the charts quickly. If I see some strong trend or reversal they are top picks

Using random F&O stock selection, I paper trader for first 15 days of feb month, amazing profit, then i traded with real money for next 15 days and result were pathetic.

Analysed what went wrong, it just happened that for first 15 days, many stocks gave amazing moves, and last 15 days no major moves but volatile to hit stops.

Question is , was it just timing or stock selection is really important?
Others who traded this strategy, please share your experience.

still wondering how TragingIsFishing applied this strategy smooth like butter. but vanished with many unanswered questions.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

I use multiple combinations for selecting scrips.

1. Direction of Trend in morning
2. Volumes Traded of individual scrips
3. Mix of Nifty and Nifty Fno
4. Repeat scrip till has move left ( follow up ) If direction of trend is clear, else move to some other scrip
5. Avoid picking same sectors but not mandatory
6. Top gainers and loosers after 9:25
7. Check money control for scrips in news

Usually my decisions are not influenced by news. Before market starts I would select 4-5 scrips and check the charts quickly. If I see some strong trend or reversal they are top picks
Do u use any tools to identify the same

Thanks
Atul

MSN1979

If you ch
Using random F&O stock selection, I paper trader for first 15 days of feb month, amazing profit, then i traded with real money for next 15 days and result were pathetic.

Analysed what went wrong, it just happened that for first 15 days, many stocks gave amazing moves, and last 15 days no major moves but volatile to hit stops.

still wondering how TragingIsFishing applied this strategy smooth like butter. but vanished with many unanswered questions.

I am using this method and i have learnt 1 thing. If you are consistent with the method it pays off. For me returns are 4% after commission and taxes

MSN1979

tradingisfishing visited here yesterday but didn't reply. I wonder why......:rolleyes:

View attachment 33633
Maybe he doesn't want to share or maybe he must have some good reason. Regardless I am thankful to him from the bottom of my heart for showing a simple yet powerful technique.

marimuthu13

For any ORB methods, stock selection is key along with consistancy...

Whatever method you are employed to select stocks, you have to backtest it for atleast 12 months...

Also fixing up SL and target also a major role... If you are going with conventional method of exit at 3.15 pm, placing SL at other end of High/Low wont yield much returns