15 min. Breakout - tradingisfishing

vivek.civil17

Yes Consecutive losses does make one introspect his ways. We must do that too.

A great Trading system willl give majority wins and very minimum losses: GOD Level ( Not looking for this)

1. A good trading system, should give 1 win in 2 trades, and winning trades must be greater then loosing trades.
(Target 3)

2. Average trading system should give 1 win in 3 trades and winning trades must be greater then loosing trades
(Target 2)

3. Below Average Trading system should give 1 win in 3 trades and winning trades might be equal or slightly better then loosing trades. ( My Target 1)

Anything else we are wasting time. Right now my system is not in above mentioned 3. So Idea is to keep testing when we get 3 and 2. Giving up is not an option.
I suggest you to read something called EXPECTANCY ... cannot judge a method based on Win/lose ratio .

newtrader101

It always astounds me how many traders trade without ever knowing about expectancy, which is absolutely integral to judging the profitability of any trading-strategy.
Perhaps there are different types of traders as there are individuals. For me, feeling good/comfortable about a trade is important, after the logic and risk analysis. If I'm feeling disturbed/emotional/uncomfortable etc I'll skip.

Perhaps there are different types of traders as there are individuals. For me, feeling good/comfortable about a trade is important, after the logic and risk analysis. If I'm feeling disturbed/emotional/uncomfortable etc I'll skip.
Of course, there are different types of traders, & of course, feeling good about a trade or a strategy is important but no method & no amount of good feeling can cause a strategy with a negative expectancy to yield profits in the LONG-RUN, which is why understanding expectancy is so important. In fact, there's no better calming-influence as knowing that one is trading a strategy that has shown a positive expectancy over a sufficiently long period of time.