15 min. Breakout - tradingisfishing

Dear TIF method traders,
I am keenly following this method since 4 months ...all rules /way showed by TIF...only scrip selection I derived a way (am not sharing it anyway) for my trades....so if any make a way to select scrip with any gud logic this method will give good results ...thing is you must need to follow one MM and positioning as per that ,,,,I simply tryed the same thing which TIF explained here....I only posting this statitics for help ones confidence level to trade this simple method.......Wish you all the best new trading year from 1st april:)

View attachment 34235
View attachment 34236

Everything looks simple except for stock selection, please let us know or give some hints, how do you select stocks.

Same method has given me negative returns, based on preopen movers

VJAY

Everything looks simple except for stock selection, please let us know or give some hints, how do you select stocks.

Same method has given me negative returns, based on preopen movers
There is no holygrail in trading ...above statitics not meant my trades making everyday profits:cool:
for ORB working simple rule is scrip price must be need to move...so what make scrips to move?maybe it reversed back from strong ranges ...strong breakouts/downs etc...make some logic in scrip selection and regidly follow it...though it still give -ve results ....any methods profitability we get only on large samples

MSN1979

When we have so many consecutive losses, one really feel doubting.
Is there a way to backtest ?
Vjay ji has posted but settings for those are not known :(
Yes Consecutive losses does make one introspect his ways. We must do that too.

A great Trading system willl give majority wins and very minimum losses: GOD Level ( Not looking for this)

1. A good trading system, should give 1 win in 2 trades, and winning trades must be greater then loosing trades.
(Target 3)

2. Average trading system should give 1 win in 3 trades and winning trades must be greater then loosing trades
(Target 2)

3. Below Average Trading system should give 1 win in 3 trades and winning trades might be equal or slightly better then loosing trades. ( My Target 1)

Anything else we are wasting time. Right now my system is not in above mentioned 3. So Idea is to keep testing when we get 3 and 2. Giving up is not an option.

newtrader101

Yes Consecutive losses does make one introspect his ways. We must do that too.

A great Trading system willl give majority wins and very minimum losses: GOD Level ( Not looking for this)

1. A good trading system, should give 1 win in 2 trades, and winning trades must be greater then loosing trades.
(Target 3)

2. Average trading system should give 1 win in 3 trades and winning trades must be greater then loosing trades
(Target 2)

3. Below Average Trading system should give 1 win in 3 trades and winning trades might be equal or slightly better then loosing trades. ( My Target 1)

Anything else we are wasting time. Right now my system is not in above mentioned 3. So Idea is to keep testing when we get 3 and 2. Giving up is not an option.
Channels may be all you need. (with Money mgt and stop loss of course)

newtrader101

1554187667770.png

It is better to trade only a few instruments, for we need to really concentrate and think calmly. There was a statement on a price action site that summed it up :If you run after several instruments and strategies in the beginning, it'll be like chasing several hens--they'll scatter (something like that).
It is simple, but we need to internalize the strategy. Read, reflect, study past charts. repeat, repeat, repeat,...

I'm not implying that you're a beginner. Sometimes we do hit a dry patch. Then better to stop and take a break.

MSN1979

View attachment 34277

It is better to trade only a few instruments, for we need to really concentrate and think calmly. There was a statement on a price action site that summed it up :If you run after several instruments and strategies in the beginning, it'll be like chasing several hens--they'll scatter (something like that).
It is simple, but we need to internalize the strategy. Read, reflect, study past charts. repeat, repeat, repeat,...

I'm not implying that you're a beginner. Sometimes we do hit a dry patch. Then better to stop and take a break.
Yes I am learning, so no shame in it. But lost you. I am scratching my head.