1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

At the end of day you get OHLC and you get a BUY/SELL signal and so you would only trade the next day morning...
Thanks Raj for the answer, it is clear to me, now I will try to walk through signals on past data.

One confirmation about EMAs:

1. When all EMAs i.e OHLC are not in sync (one direction) then NO TRADE

2. When EMA-15 (OHLC) and EMA-25 (OHLC) show Opposite trend/direction then Go with EMA-25

Thanks

gurmy.

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

dear healthraj

thanks for creating a simple and tradable concept
a lot of hard work has been put into it
and you are sharing it openly,a true helping hand i would say
hats off to you
now as per your excel sheet today is a "buy"
kindly confirm
would like to confirm one more thing
if s/l hit and price retracess back and crosses our buy above/sell below price,can another trade be initiated or not?
thanks

Last edited:

rh6996

Please refer to Step 7

7. Using the above rule, we will get a BUY or SELL signal for 15DAY EMA and 25 DAY EMA. If we can use TOD for TODAY and PRE for PREVIOUS Day. Then we will get a BUY Signal if TOD_HIGH >= PRE_HIGH and TOD_OPEN >= PRE_OPEN and TOD_LOW >= PRE_LOW and TOD_CLOSE >= PRE_CLOSE

So to get a BUY/SELL Signal, Calculate the 15 DAY EMA on Open, High, Low and Close. so you will have 4 values from Today and 4 previous values. Now apply the step 7 and get the signal.
When you say TOD_HIGH>=PRE_HIGH you are referring to the EMA values and not the actual high of today and previous day!! Is this correct, if it is then matter is crystal clear otherwise... :eek: :confused:

guptak03

hello fnds can any 1 plz share this excel ????

guptak03

here in dis v must enter nifty spot closing data ,,,,????
if v miss any days data den ???wil dis system works say for 1 wek r month data missing ??

healthraj

Hi Raj,

I was creating a similar excel based on the instructions that you have provided.
On comparing my calculations with that of yours i was finding some differences.
The differences are marked in the image below.
Can you please help in identifying what went wrong in my calculations?

Are you calculating SMA or EMA? I am using EMA because it is a fast moving average.

Checked your calculations and you are doing a Simple Moving Average (SMA)

Last edited:

healthraj

Thanks Raj for the answer, it is clear to me, now I will try to walk through signals on past data.

One confirmation about EMAs:

1. When all EMAs i.e OHLC are not in sync (one direction) then NO TRADE

2. When EMA-15 (OHLC) and EMA-25 (OHLC) show Opposite trend/direction then Go with EMA-25

Thanks
Yes Correct. Go with EMA(25) because it points to the long term trend (but this case rarely occurs) because when there is trend the 15 EMA would be the first to break the Trend and we would get a "VOID" signal. When there is a "VOID" signal we would normally stop trading wait for the next signal

healthraj

When you say TOD_HIGH>=PRE_HIGH you are referring to the EMA values and not the actual high of today and previous day!! Is this correct, if it is then matter is crystal clear otherwise... :eek: :confused:
Yes you are absolutely correct. We compare the EMA vlaues

healthraj

dear healthraj

thanks for creating a simple and tradable concept
a lot of hard work has been put into it
and you are sharing it openly,a true helping hand i would say
hats off to you
now as per your excel sheet today is a "buy"
kindly confirm
would like to confirm one more thing
if s/l hit and price retracess back and crosses our buy above/sell below price,can another trade be initiated or not?
thanks
Yes if you are an Intraday trader who trade the whole day then you can actually update the OHLC values and look for new signals... Technically there is one price to "BUY ABOVE" and another price to "SELL BELOW". So in the Trend trading it is advisable NOT to Trade within this Range...

Today the BUY was triggered initially above 5229 because market opened around 5233. but the market went down so the stoploss would have triggered. Our "SELL Below" level was 5175. You can see that the market made a low of 5197.5.

If you are rangebound Trader you could have traded the range of 5175-5230 also...

But I wrote this excel basically to trade at the opening and closing of the market and onlyTREND Trading. Now Somebody can modify the tool to trade the Range also...

Last edited: