Traderji.com


How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Discuss How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot. at the Futures within the Traderji.com; Originally Posted by bearish Thank you everyone for participating in the poll. Although we don't ...


Go Back   Traderji.com > THE MARKETS > Derivatives > Futures



View Poll Results: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.
Less than 0 :-( 10 9.01%
0 - 100 33 29.73%
101 - 200 29 26.13%
201 - 300 22 19.82%
301 - 400 7 6.31%
401 - 500 3 2.70%
501 - 600 2 1.80%
More than 601 :-) 5 4.50%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 20th January 2014, 12:35 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 836
Thanks: 32
Thanked 4,294,967,292 Times in 1 Post
DataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant futureDataRam has a brilliant future
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearish View Post
Thank you everyone for participating in the poll.

Although we don't have a large number of people who have participated as of today. Just to analyse the result, only 10.7% (3/28*100) of people are losing in trading. A recent analysis by Zerodha, in their trading challenge, found around 10 percent of traders were profitable. Glad to know in Traderji we have 90 percent winners!

Consistency matters more

Assuming 200 points gain in Nifty trading every month on a capital of Rs 100000, if we can continue to add 1 lot with every increase of 1 lakh rupees in capital, we can get the following performance. The table with the chart is attached below showing the performance of 48 months (4 years)

While this kind of calculation using excel has very less relevance. The objective of trading should always be to remain consistent and to limit the draw-down to minimum. It doesn't matter much if you get 100 or more than 600 points as long as the performance can remain consistent with multiple lots over a longer term.

Please continue to vote and share the link with your friends. Thank you.
The performance chart which you have shown above really generates kind of motivation to attain the ever difficult art of consistent trading.

This feat is achievable it seems but really needs the purest dedication of an individual as a trader.

Nice Work.


Advertisements

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DataRam For This Useful Post:
bearish (21st January 2014)
Advertisements
  #12  
Old 27th April 2014, 10:47 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,783
Thanks: 4,138
Thanked 1,667 Times in 761 Posts
munde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant futuremunde_77 has a brilliant future
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

I think it also depend on the capital invested. For 1 lac , 5 lac, 25 lac, 1 cr, 5 cr and so on the game will be different for different capital

Even 100 points net per month is very good return as said by Augubhai.

The return will be around 20% per month if compounded for 12 months it will be around 900%

I think only a few can achieve more than 200 points per month consistently every month


It looks very easy but in practical it is very very difficult.

. It is easier said than done 300 points/500 points per month. Some say even 1000 points possible .

Need some magic to achieve such points in practical.

1 lac capital will become 317 lac (will become the richest person in the world) capital in just 10 years if compounded on monthly return of just 20%.

Many traders are trading for more than 15 or 20 years successfully. Have they become billionaires ? The answer will be no ..

Folks just calculate 200 (40 %) and 300 (60%) points monthly on compound basis consistently just for 60 or 120 months and see the MAGIC of compounding

Last edited by munde_77; 27th April 2014 at 11:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to munde_77 For This Useful Post:
bearish (27th April 2014), descartes (27th April 2014), Gaur_Krishna (17th June 2014), JJ.VEERAMUTHU (27th April 2014), LondonVisitor (27th April 2014), Tlahuicole (2nd May 2014)
  #13  
Old 2nd May 2014, 12:21 AM
Tlahuicole's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Present and future
Posts: 1,236
Thanks: 2,396
Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,050 Posts
Tlahuicole has a reputation beyond repute
Tlahuicole has a reputation beyond reputeTlahuicole has a reputation beyond reputeTlahuicole has a reputation beyond reputeTlahuicole has a reputation beyond reputeTlahuicole has a reputation beyond reputeTlahuicole has a reputation beyond reputeTlahuicole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munde_77 View Post
I think it also depend on the capital invested. For 1 lac , 5 lac, 25 lac, 1 cr, 5 cr and so on the game will be different for different capital

Even 100 points net per month is very good return as said by Augubhai.

The return will be around 20% per month if compounded for 12 months it will be around 900%

I think only a few can achieve more than 200 points per month consistently every month


It looks very easy but in practical it is very very difficult.

. It is easier said than done 300 points/500 points per month. Some say even 1000 points possible .

Need some magic to achieve such points in practical.

1 lac capital will become 317 lac (will become the richest person in the world) capital in just 10 years if compounded on monthly return of just 20%.

Many traders are trading for more than 15 or 20 years successfully. Have they become billionaires ? The answer will be no ..

Folks just calculate 200 (40 %) and 300 (60%) points monthly on compound basis consistently just for 60 or 120 months and see the MAGIC of compounding
You have a valid point but I think trading 10L capital and gaining 100 points per month is easier compared to trading 10CR capital. Because as the capital becomes higher we only aim for high probability entries where we see next price stall area atleast 100 points away because if we consider for one lot we have slippage of 1 point, we can see for 100 lot slippage is huge, which might be around 30 points, If we trade with one lot we will take a trade where next S/R is only 50 points away, but we cannot take such trade with huge capital. So, higher the capital lower the trades are as only huge potential trades are taken.

So, what a trader can do, is he can re invest money from trading in other sources, I have a cousin, he trades with 20L for intraday and 30L for Swing. The amount he gets from trading he uses like below, Every year he makes minimum 100% returns, so 50L.

He divides his yield into 4 parts 25% each.

I part is used for living.
II part is used as safe investment, bank F.D, insurance and tax saving plans.
III part is used for risk based investments with higher return chances, like real estate, small scale business, except share market.
IV part is used as reinvestment in business.

regards,
Tlahuicole.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tlahuicole For This Useful Post:
bharatmangukia (4th May 2014), Gaur_Krishna (17th June 2014), josejoseph (4th May 2014), manishchan (2nd May 2014), vince (2nd May 2014), XRAY27 (6th May 2014)
  #14  
Old 6th June 2014, 07:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 64
Thanks: 77
Thanked 39 Times in 20 Posts
biswajit2040 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlahuicole View Post
You have a valid point but I think trading 10L capital and gaining 100 points per month is easier compared to trading 10CR capital. Because as the capital becomes higher we only aim for high probability entries where we see next price stall area atleast 100 points away because if we consider for one lot we have slippage of 1 point, we can see for 100 lot slippage is huge, which might be around 30 points, If we trade with one lot we will take a trade where next S/R is only 50 points away, but we cannot take such trade with huge capital. So, higher the capital lower the trades are as only huge potential trades are taken.

So, what a trader can do, is he can re invest money from trading in other sources, I have a cousin, he trades with 20L for intraday and 30L for Swing. The amount he gets from trading he uses like below, Every year he makes minimum 100% returns, so 50L.

He divides his yield into 4 parts 25% each.

I part is used for living.
II part is used as safe investment, bank F.D, insurance and tax saving plans.
III part is used for risk based investments with higher return chances, like real estate, small scale business, except share market.
IV part is used as reinvestment in business.

regards,
Tlahuicole.
Are you sure that market depth is so low that even 1 Cr money is big enough to move market? I thought such limit ll come in bigger value say 10Cr+ unless someone is scalpling for 5-10 points.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12th April 2015, 07:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
arcrishi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Suppose I have 50,000 rs. Capital. I will keep my risk reward ratio to 1: 3. My broker is zerodha. I will trade only in nifty futures. My initial monthly target will be 200 points.
Can someone will make trading plan out of this? Means what will be my ideal risk capital per trade? Stop loss for each trade? Should I concentrate on daily or weekly goal? How many lots should I trade?
I am not asking for the system but sturdy money management strategy to give me consistent returns even some of them will be losing trades. My month should end in plus. I know it is very tough to achieve this and also I have to maintain strict discipline. I will stick to my system even if there are loses. I want to keep them minimum by adhering to my stop losses. But I want to give a try. Hoping for positive reply from respected members.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12th April 2015, 08:41 PM
TraderRavi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mount Everest
Posts: 16,079
Thanks: 44,703
Thanked 35,521 Times in 12,292 Posts
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrishi View Post
Suppose I have 50,000 rs. Capital. I will keep my risk reward ratio to 1: 3. My broker is zerodha. I will trade only in nifty futures. My initial monthly target will be 200 points.
Can someone will make trading plan out of this? Means what will be my ideal risk capital per trade? Stop loss for each trade? Should I concentrate on daily or weekly goal? How many lots should I trade?
I am not asking for the system but sturdy money management strategy to give me consistent returns even some of them will be losing trades. My month should end in plus. I know it is very tough to achieve this and also I have to maintain strict discipline. I will stick to my system even if there are loses. I want to keep them minimum by adhering to my stop losses. But I want to give a try. Hoping for positive reply from respected members.
1lot NF for novice 50k capital , for experts may be 2 lots.
SL not more than 20 points , ideally low risk entries with SL 10 - 15 points.
Risk reward in daytrading in NF may vary between 1:1 to 1:2 , ie gain of 30 points with SL 15 points.
no daily / weekly goal , take whatever market gives.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraderRavi For This Useful Post:
arcrishi (12th April 2015), manojborle (14th April 2015)
  #17  
Old 12th April 2015, 08:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 13
Thanks: 12
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
arcrishi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Thanks Ravi Sir for your valuable input.
Is it advisable to square up position on day to day basis? What if i carry my position fortnight with hedging to get protected from gaps?
In that case what will be proper way of hedging?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12th April 2015, 09:08 PM
TraderRavi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mount Everest
Posts: 16,079
Thanks: 44,703
Thanked 35,521 Times in 12,292 Posts
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcrishi View Post
Thanks Ravi Sir for your valuable input.
Is it advisable to square up position on day to day basis? What if i carry my position fortnight with hedging to get protected from gaps?
In that case what will be proper way of hedging?
bro some expert on swing trading will guide you for hedging etc.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12th April 2015, 10:35 PM
PUCHU_2500's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: India
Posts: 601
Thanks: 2,765
Thanked 1,072 Times in 400 Posts
PUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud ofPUCHU_2500 has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Average trades in a month=say 50
1.scratched=20 trades, avgly profit 4 points per trade=4*20= 80 points
2.stopped out =15 trades, avergly loss 15 points per trade=15*15=225 points loss
3.small profit=10 trades, avgly profit 15 points per trade=15*10=150 points profit
4.big profit= 5 trades, avgly profit 40 points per trade= 40*5=200 points
Now assume monthly profit 205 points.
I am trying to follow above formula to grab 200 points per Month, but failed due to some in discipline.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PUCHU_2500 For This Useful Post:
arcrishi (13th April 2015), TraderRavi (13th April 2015)
  #20  
Old 26th April 2015, 09:29 PM
TraderRavi's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mount Everest
Posts: 16,079
Thanks: 44,703
Thanked 35,521 Times in 12,292 Posts
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
TraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond reputeTraderRavi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUCHU_2500 View Post
Average trades in a month=say 50
1.scratched=20 trades, avgly profit 4 points per trade=4*20= 80 points
2.stopped out =15 trades, avergly loss 15 points per trade=15*15=225 points loss
3.small profit=10 trades, avgly profit 15 points per trade=15*10=150 points profit
4.big profit= 5 trades, avgly profit 40 points per trade= 40*5=200 points
Now assume monthly profit 205 points.
I am trying to follow above formula to grab 200 points per Month, but failed due to some in discipline.
charges 50 x 2.5 = 125
so net profit 80 points per month only.

Advertisements

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraderRavi For This Useful Post:
PUCHU_2500 (27th April 2015), XRAY27 (27th April 2015)
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
expectation, nifty futures, performance, poll


Advertise Here


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads for: How many Nifty points on an average you get per month per one lot.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone can earn sureshot 60 points in month ???????????????? rajsumi121 Futures 8 23rd May 2013 11:51 AM
Harvesting 500 Bank Nifty Points a Month. The Monk. Derivatives 32 12th November 2012 01:48 AM
TARGET :500 Nifty points per month...! linkon7 Futures 124 29th March 2012 08:18 PM
Nifty+Banknifty: 1000 points per month vijbala Futures 160 21st May 2010 01:55 PM
average nifty future profit points using adget indicators razx5 Advanced GET 1 21st May 2010 03:35 AM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice:
By visiting Traderji.com you automatically indicate that you agree to our Forum Rules, Indemnity, Disclaimer & Disclosure Notice and General Content Disclaimer Notice and indemnify Traderji.com, its associates and related parties of all claims howsoever resulting from the usage of the forum/site.
Disclaimer: Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility. You are recommended to make appropriate enquiries and seek appropriate advise before sending money, incurring any expenses, acting on recommendations or entering into any commitment in relation to any advertisement published here. Traderji.com does not vouch for any claims made by the advertisers of products and services. Traderji.com will not be held liable for any consequences in the event such claims are not honoured by the advertisers. Traderji.com will not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of any information by anybody mentioned anywhere on this site.
Disclosure: The information in this forum is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.
All names or products mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
General Content Disclaimer Notice:
In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, Traderji.com cannot determine the accuracy or legality of any information that may be uploaded to the forum. Opinions, advice and all other information expressed by participants in discussions are those of the author. You rely on such information at your own risk. You are urged to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in the discussions. Since Traderji.com is an open and free discussion forum, any comments made by members of this forum in their posts reflect their own views and not of the owner or administrator of Traderji.com. Thus the owner/administrator indemnify themselves of all claims whatsoever and will not be liable or responsible for any members comments/views in this forum Traderji.com. Although we constantly delete all irrelevant content and/or SPAM, if you should find any objectionable or offensive posts made by members of this forum which you would like to bring to our notice for removal then please Contact Us.
 


Copyright © www.Traderji.com 2001 - , All rights reserved.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268