Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi,
I've read that you provide 1:10 margin for stocks traded in F&O.
Does it apply to Futures segment of the stock as well, or Cash alone?

For example, UCOBANK Futures has a lot size of 2000 and April expiry is at 119 while spot is at 118.85 for today. Margin requirement for one lot is around 37,600. If I have 50,000 in my account, would it mean that I can buy 2 lots of UCOBANK Futures with it?

Also, can I short Stock Futures as well ? I guess I will need to have the required margin to hold it overnight as exposure is only for intraday.

So, what exactly would I get intraday margin funding by Zerodha? Cash or Futures?

Aside, lets say I want to buy VijayaBank or YesBank Futures whose margin requirement is above 55,000 per lot. Assuming I have 30,000 in my account, would I still be able to trade in the respective Futures?

Thanks in advance and sorry to bother you again.

stoch_guy, from whatever little I know, Zerodha does not provide any margin for Options. Indiabulls and Religare had offered me about three times margin for options if I maintained a certain amount of money in my dmat account apart from paying an upfront brokerage. Options being totally dumb money with fairly complex valuations, particularly puts, you wouldn't want to get into a mess if the trade goes against you.
Intraday margin to short one lot of nifty option is about 11-12k and to hold the position overnight is 30k.
Hi Newbie,

There are 2 aspects to this,

1. Trading stocks 2. Trading Futures...

1. Trading stocks, if you are trading stocks( buying and selling underlying equity) then you get 1:10 margin... So if you have 10k in your account you can buy 1lk of UCO bank shares for intraday... These postions have to be squared off before 3.10pm...

2. Trading futures, if you are trading futures, have a look at the margin file that is available in the back office.... You will see 3 sections, SPAN, Exposure and Total margin...
For trading futures intraday you need 50% of SPAN and for holding any futures positions overnight you need 100% of Total margin....

Yes you definitely can go long and short on futures both for intraday and overnight.... :) ....

Zerodha

Hi zerodha,

please see the below link.

http://zerodha.com/main/zerodhapricing.html

What is the meaning of " Alternative brokerage plan of 0.1% for delivery trades and 0.01% for intraday trades are available upon request. Contact us for details."

As per the statement in the above link 200 reliance shares delivery brokerage is Rs.40/- ( buy-20/-+ Sell-20/-). As per alternative brokerage plan it is coming Rs.200/- at the rate of 0.1%.

Please explain in this regard.
Hi Vijay,

If you are order size for delivery is less than Rs 20000 and for intraday less than Rs 2lks, it makes sense to go for the alternate plan...

0.01% of 2lks is Rs 20 and 0.1% of Rs 20000 is Rs 20...

The reason we have the alternate plan is to give an option to traders with lower volumes in equity... We give this plan without any conditions , minimum brokerages or any such clauses....

Cheers....

Hi everyone,

I just want to know whether zerodha provides support for trading via mobile.
Its very important for me when i have to order on a go.

If so then please give the details about any extra charges

I already have account with rk global but the site is very slow and doesnt even open on mobile

Regards
Anurag

Sachin,
As your concept is getting brighter day by day among traders, I am in a plan for becoming a dedicated associate to Zerodha. I had worked as a Branch manager for a well known brokerage for more than 5 years. So, I have access to many traders in my area. Can you people provide me something like approval letter, visiting cards etc., to me as it would be highly helpful for me to move further?

Cheers
Mohan

There are two plans for brokerage (Rs. 20 a lot / % basis).
You permit a client to switchover from one plan to another.
Please consider having a single plan (Rs.20 a lot OR % basis whichever is beneficial to the client).
Thanks.

madhava36.

Hi Newbie,

There are 2 aspects to this,

1. Trading stocks 2. Trading Futures...

1. Trading stocks, if you are trading stocks( buying and selling underlying equity) then you get 1:10 margin... So if you have 10k in your account you can buy 1lk of UCO bank shares for intraday... These postions have to be squared off before 3.10pm...

2. Trading futures, if you are trading futures, have a look at the margin file that is available in the back office.... You will see 3 sections, SPAN, Exposure and Total margin...
For trading futures intraday you need 50% of SPAN and for holding any futures positions overnight you need 100% of Total margin....

Yes you definitely can go long and short on futures both for intraday and overnight.... :) ....
True. I do understand stock futures are already leveraged by about 85-90 percent if one is to look up the span margin file. Was just curious to know if there could be further funding of an already leveraged product over and above the 50 percent of SPAN for intraday ;)

Also, with 10 times margin funding for Equities, would my losses be only 10 percent of the total loss?
For example, lets say I buy 1000 stocks of XYZ at 100. Total would be 1 lakh. Assuming I have 10k in my account, and rest is funded by you. Now, say, the price falls by Rs.10 to 90 and my intraday position gets squared off.
Would my MTM loss be 10k or 1k ?
Thanks.

Zerodha

Hi everyone,

I just want to know whether zerodha provides support for trading via mobile.
Its very important for me when i have to order on a go.

If so then please give the details about any extra charges

I already have account with rk global but the site is very slow and doesnt even open on mobile

Regards
Anurag
Hi Anurag,

NOW mobile has to be one of the fastest mobile trading application in the country today... You can download the application from : http://dnld.mobile.nowonline.in/ .... To place a trade you would need user id and password which you will get once the account is opened with us... .

Zerodha

Sachin,
As your concept is getting brighter day by day among traders, I am in a plan for becoming a dedicated associate to Zerodha. I had worked as a Branch manager for a well known brokerage for more than 5 years. So, I have access to many traders in my area. Can you people provide me something like approval letter, visiting cards etc., to me as it would be highly helpful for me to move further?

Cheers
Mohan
We will definitely provide with whatever helps you out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.