Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

and i google and found
How to use AmiBroker with Interactive Brokers TWS
o_O holy
does any one have IB account confirm if amibroker directly works plz ty
only thing is
  • USD 500 (equivalent in INR) minimum required to subscribe to market data and research subscriptions and USD 100 (equivalent in INR) to maintain market data and research subscriptions
  • Minimum brokerage fees per month waived for the first three months, afterwards, INR 200, per month.
Zerodha don;t have mini brokerage :xD
Yes, it does work but the problem is that TWS frequently disconnects for a second or two during market-hours (no, it has nothing to do with my Internet, even @Smart_trade has mentioned this issue somewhere), & then all of the Amibroker data auto-reloads, & on top of that, IB throttles how much data you can download through Amibroker plugin, so personally, I didn't find that to be very useful, & switched back to my tried & tested MT4 subscription. (though maybe there's a solution to problem but I don't know since I've not used Amibroker much).

Market-data is free for NSE, & I've noticed that when they send my money back to the bank for quarterly settlement, leaving behind only Rs.900, the data-subscription continues to work, so you don't even have to keep much money with them to get the data.

INACTIVITY fee is Rs.200 but if you trade every month, then no worries. Personally, I think Rs.200 per month is nothing for a quality platform like TWS; it has never failed on me, like Kite or Upstox Pro Web or Fyers Web, & offers many more advanced features, so the STABILITY of the platform itself is worth the money because if you can't place orders orders or close open positions as frequently seems to happen with other discount-brokers then I'd certainly lose much more than Rs.200. Not to mention, Rs.200 is just five F&O trades in Zerodha, & I definitely do many more Futures trades than that per month, so I've no issues with that.

I'm not much of an options-player to be honest as I mostly trade futures but I agree with @Loss_Lover that TWS seems to offer a lot of unique tools for option-traders, including the ability to open/close spreads, iron condors, etc. as a SINGLE order.

One developing disadvantage with IB is that from this month onwards they have suspended their MAS provision.

Tragedy is, in the land of Software Developers, there is not even a single technologically trustworthy affordable broker for active trading. We know what Z does, had high hopes with UpStox but as their client base increases, their platform is deteriorating too. TradeTiger is good in terms of features but dealing with them is unnecessarily expensive. So, considering tools/features that matters and affordability, even without MAS, IB is the only alternative. I don't know about other brokers.

I dream when TD Ameritrade's TOS platform will come to India, available at current Discount brokerage prices without any additional subscription. Many of our problems would instantly disappear and it will be of high-power filled package for our Retail community deprived of basic trading amenities (even worse unaware).

Does IB charge for auto RMS closure after 3:00 ? DO they have bracket orders and AMO facility ?
Why AMO? You have GTC with IB. And yes you can put BO.

Did not check auto-square off closure rates with IB? I don't day trade - it's pointless and you do not need to in order to generate income, rather you simply cannot be consistent by day trading. At EOD often you will make your broker rich. There are more cooler calmer less risky swing trading approaches that you could adhere to. :)

IB has a stable platform and their Options ecosystem is unparalleled to other discount brokers without any added tantrums causing unnecessary headache.