Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Can I know why Zerodha restricting to buy option in NRML on deep strick price?
I found difficulty in averaging same option after 2 or 3 day since LTP changed!!
Why this is restricted though we are not using leverage?

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Options trades, take note. The STT trap on option contracts expiring in the money is no more! Read more here.
Members desirous of not exercising the option shall be required to submit “Do not Exercise” (i.e. to mention N” against the positions in the file) instructions against each client-wise long position on the CTM contracts within stipulated session timings.

above from BSE circular .
what a buyer has to do on expiry day ?

Zerodha

Can I know why Zerodha restricting to buy option in NRML on deep strick price?
I found difficulty in averaging same option after 2 or 3 day since LTP changed!!
Why this is restricted though we are not using leverage?
The range of strikes allowed for trading is decided by the RMS team here looking at the positions across clients, to make sure we don't hit the member level OI limit set by the exchange (15% or market-wide OI). If that were to happen, a lot of positions would have to be squared off, leading to greater inconvenience.

Zerodha

Members desirous of not exercising the option shall be required to submit “Do not Exercise” (i.e. to mention N” against the positions in the file) instructions against each client-wise long position on the CTM contracts within stipulated session timings.

above from BSE circular .
what a buyer has to do on expiry day ?
The members/brokers would place a 'Do not exercise' flag on all such positions that would create a loss to the clients because of excess STT charges if exercised. Whatever is in the interest of the client is what we would do. If the cost of exercising the option is greater than what you stand to gain, we'd mark the position as "Do not exercise".
The client needn't do anything here.

The range of strikes allowed for trading is decided by the RMS team here looking at the positions across clients, to make sure we don't hit the member level OI limit set by the exchange (15% or market-wide OI). If that were to happen, a lot of positions would have to be squared off, leading to greater inconvenience.
Does it means DP who having less customer have wider strike price??