Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zerodha:

why is your RM/sales staff saying that the minimum transfer HAS to be rs.5000/- [for a newly opened a/c with Rs. 1000/- balance]

so you guys have silently started laying rules is it?
Obviously for more incentives. A friend I had recommended was quite pissed answering calls from a Zerodha RM who kept pestering him to transfer funds.

Sachin, don't let Zerodha go down the same road as other brokerages.

Zerodha

Hi Zerodha and friends

I shall be thankful if someone please tell me how to check the calculation done in NSE F&O row of Zerodha's margin statement.

I sold some of my buy positions in call options (SEP5400CE) and bought some call options of other strikes from the sale proceed.

Now in the margin statement I am finding that T Day bill is in negative (xx,xxx INR) and net status is heavily in negative, (x,xx,xxx INR). Why it is so. Beside this I have an open position of NIFTY FUT SEP which is also in profit.

I do not think if any daily MTM calculations are done on option trading like future trading. But even then my total net position is in plus.

Then why the net status is in bracket, in negative, in margin statement.

Secondly I want to know that the net status of say 10.9.12 and T-1 Day Balance of 11.9.12 in F&O row should be same or can be different, If one trades in F&O only (NO equity cash, no CDS)

Thanks
All f&o positions settlement happens on T+1, so if you sell something the actual proceeds get realized only the next day and hence the margin statement shows negative on that day.

But we let you use the proceeds of the sale to buy fresh positions.

Zerodha

Any idea how in the money stock options(say 5-10 percent in the money) are settled at expiry?
Lets say, Spot is at 500 towards market close, Futures is at 502 and 470CE is at 20.
Issue here is, Offer price is 20 and Bid price is 17. Would the exchange settle it at closest bid price, ie 17 or would I get 32 points(502-470) for the contract if I choose not to exercise the option?

NSE says -

The final exercise settlement value for each of the in the money options is calculated as follows:

Call Options = Closing price of the security on the day of expiry strike price (if closing price > strike price, else 0)

Put Options = Strike price closing price of the security on the day of expiry (if closing price < strike price, else 0)

What is the percentage of STT levied by the exchange, as you guys always advise closing ITM options to avoid higher STT. I presume STT is charged on the (Spot Price X Lot Size) instead of Option Premium X Lot Size. Correct me if I'm wrong.
If the option expires in the money, STT would be considered as similar to delivery trades.. 0.125% on the entire contract and not just the premium...

Zerodha

@Zerodha,

I have gone through the help files of NEST Trader which are available at http://www.omnesysindia.com/nesttraderfaq.html. I found that there they listed many features which are not available in Zerodha Nest Trader.

Could you please let me know why all the features listed for NEST Trader are not available in Zerodha NEST Trader?

Thanks,
Vijay
Vijay,

Some of the features can be enabled only on Dealer terminals and not the client terminals..

Zerodha

@zerodha

1. How do we check in our terminals (NOW and zerodha trader) if a futures contract is under ban period ?
2. If the futures contract is under ban period does it imply that new options position cant be created?
http://nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/equities/sec_ban.htm

You can also look at the SPAN margin file that is on the BO and it will indicate the securities in ban period..

If futures is in ban period, you cannot take any fresh futures or options position..You can exit a position that you are already holding...

Hello ZeroDha,

I am new to Zerodha, and opened F&O account with you 20 days back...I am quite happy with NOW and speed of it...

It is user friendly and I must say I have not made any mistake to shift trading from Ventura to Zerodha..

I have few questions...

1. There is a menu option in NOW as "NEST Plus"...What is it ??? I know Nest is also a trading terminal, I mean can I upgrade to NEST from NOW using that Menu option ???

2. In NOW Intraday chart is not properly displayed...I can not change Time Frame, View, and also can't add Indicators in NOW chart..?? Is there any way to see the Chart in proper way..??

Thanks and keep up the good work and service..All the Best

Zerodha

STT of 0.125% would be on one side right?
Yes,

We have had cases where for eg,

Nifty is at 5490 at 3pm on expiry day, the client has bought 5500 call and is letting it expire thinking he is making a loss..

At 3.30, the market closes at 5501 and hence in the money by Rs 1...

This is an exercised contract and STT would be 0.125% of 5501 x 50 almost 300 bucks a lot..

Status
Not open for further replies.