Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trader J

Dear Zerdha,

I have ZT V.3.10.57.96.1 in my Laptop which I downloaded on 20 March 2012, Today I downloaded ZT is V.3.10.57.95.3 , which one is New One

megapixel

Hi Zerodha

Do I need to allocate fund to FNO segment separately for trading in Future and Options ? If so ..how ?

The reason I'm asking this is ...I find an issue in the Margin Statement.
In Margin Statement I see under FNO segment Margin Balance shows -ve (I purchased options) although I see enough Margin Balance lying in NSE-EQ segment .

Is there any action I need to take here ?

Last edited:

comm4300

@ Zerodha/Traders:

any idea if the new exchange intends to recognize option spreads ? like vertical spread/ratio/covered call.....

its about time these are recognized.

How to reach those people to suggest these requests?

a1b1trader

Hi Zerodha and friends

I shall be thankful if someone please tell me how to check the calculation done in NSE F&O row of Zerodha's margin statement.

I sold some of my buy positions in call options (SEP5400CE) and bought some call options of other strikes from the sale proceed.

Now in the margin statement I am finding that T Day bill is in negative (xx,xxx INR) and net status is heavily in negative, (x,xx,xxx INR). Why it is so. Beside this I have an open position of NIFTY FUT SEP which is also in profit.

I do not think if any daily MTM calculations are done on option trading like future trading. But even then my total net position is in plus.

Then why the net status is in bracket, in negative, in margin statement.

Secondly I want to know that the net status of say 10.9.12 and T-1 Day Balance of 11.9.12 in F&O row should be same or can be different, If one trades in F&O only (NO equity cash, no CDS)

Thanks

Any idea how in the money stock options(say 5-10 percent in the money) are settled at expiry?
Lets say, Spot is at 500 towards market close, Futures is at 502 and 470CE is at 20.
Issue here is, Offer price is 20 and Bid price is 17. Would the exchange settle it at closest bid price, ie 17 or would I get 32 points(502-470) for the contract if I choose not to exercise the option?

NSE says -

The final exercise settlement value for each of the in the money options is calculated as follows:

Call Options = Closing price of the security on the day of expiry – strike price (if closing price > strike price, else 0)

Put Options = Strike price – closing price of the security on the day of expiry (if closing price < strike price, else 0)

What is the percentage of STT levied by the exchange, as you guys always advise closing ITM options to avoid higher STT. I presume STT is charged on the (Spot Price X Lot Size) instead of Option Premium X Lot Size. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Hi, Zerodha.

1) I am not able to open multiple intraday charts and also not able to minimise the intraday charts.
2) I am not able to link to excel.
pl help

Trader J

Originally Posted by Trader J
Dear Zerdha,

I have ZT V.3.10.57.96.1 in my Laptop which I downloaded on 20 March 2012, Today I downloaded ZT is V.3.10.57.95.3 , which one is New One
Both are old versions. New version is V.3.10.57.97.7

Download it from https://zerodha.com/zt
Oh , downloaded by link provided in "E mail " by Zerodha and it was "NestTrader_Setup_V.3.10.57.95.3_ZERODHA_INET", why old version in new mail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.