Zerodha for dummies

Taiki

Hi TimePass bro,

Thank you for this thread. Few basic things that I want to ask here are

1. During Log in, there are few checkbox, like Quick Login, Download scrip, Clear & Download all scrip, Launch Plus. What are the uses of these checkbox, and when they are used.

2. In the buy/sell order window what is the difference in LIMIT/MARKET/SL order type. And does it ask for transaction password every time we buy/sell/modify/cancel an order?

3. After the order is traded, where can I see my positions in real time, and net profit/loss as the price moves ?

4. The last and most disappointing thing is the chart.

- The OHLC chart is appearing too small due to large y-axis value. Cant we change this ? I mean chart is appearing in a small section, if it can use the entire space, then chart will be clear and bigger.

- The candles are not at visible clearly, and it is really hard to distinguish between a green and red candle. And where is the option for switching time frame. lets say 2/5/30/1hr time frame ?

- NOW is getting unresponsive everytime I am trying to open the intraday chart.

- Is there any option of downloading/exporting the chart data to excel.

Are you all used to this type of charting experience ??? :confused::confused:
Or am I missing something ??

can someone share his experience of mobile trading
I trade on mobile. Android nexus 4, 3g reliance data pack. Experience is OK. A bit slow. No charts though.

I have a question though. In stop loss market order, at what price do I buy the security, limit price or market price.

Also, if I carry forward stop loss limit order, and want to update my trailing stoploss , do I have to do it everyday.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Hi TimePass bro,

Thank you for this thread. Few basic things that I want to ask here are

1. During Log in, there are few checkbox, like Quick Login, Download scrip, Clear & Download all scrip, Launch Plus. What are the uses of these checkbox, and when they are used.

2. In the buy/sell order window what is the difference in LIMIT/MARKET/SL order type. And does it ask for transaction password every time we buy/sell/modify/cancel an order?

3. After the order is traded, where can I see my positions in real time, and net profit/loss as the price moves ?

4. The last and most disappointing thing is the chart.

- The OHLC chart is appearing too small due to large y-axis value. Cant we change this ? I mean chart is appearing in a small section, if it can use the entire space, then chart will be clear and bigger.

- The candles are not at visible clearly, and it is really hard to distinguish between a green and red candle. And where is the option for switching time frame. lets say 2/5/30/1hr time frame ?

- NOW is getting unresponsive everytime I am trying to open the intraday chart.

- Is there any option of downloading/exporting the chart data to excel.

Are you all used to this type of charting experience ??? :confused::confused:
Or am I missing something ??
transaction password to be used only once after you login.
chart opening will crash NOW.
MTM position to be checked in master < admin.

Taiki

transaction password to be used only once after you login.
chart opening will crash NOW.
MTM position to be checked in master < admin.
Does it mean, that all NOW users depend on some other platform for charting ?? :confused::confused:

Does it mean, that all NOW users depend on some other platform for charting ?? :confused::confused:
No. Everyone makes their own arrangements. I am using Sharekhan's TT. Some people use Amibroker and link the realtime data from NOW with it.

dineshN

Hi TimePass bro,
Just newly (2 days ago) opened Zerodha account. Even I am finding chart experience very poor.
Anyway to set the time interval
* inside the chart - right click - interval = this will give the tf options
* every chart RHS top corner has <> this button. Click on it and adjust the tf and click set interval. Click <> again the bar will disappear.
* When chart is opened - double click on RHS blank space inside the chart. The curser will change to zoom + symbol. Click inside the blank space and drag leftwards. This will zoom in the chart and you will be able to see more distinguished chart.

Taiki

Just newly (2 days ago) opened Zerodha account. Even I am finding chart experience very poor.
Anyway to set the time interval
* inside the chart - right click - interval = this will give the tf options
* every chart RHS top corner has <> this button. Click on it and adjust the tf and click set interval. Click <> again the bar will disappear.
* When chart is opened - double click on RHS blank space inside the chart. The curser will change to zoom + symbol. Click inside the blank space and drag leftwards. This will zoom in the chart and you will be able to see more distinguished chart.
Thank you for your reply Bro, But i guess you are talking about Zerodha trader.. Or Is it now ?? Here in NOW i dont see in menu on right click on chart, neither there is any <> symbol to RHS corner.. :(

But for now, I just found out the charting experience can be better with Nest plus plugin. Exploring more on that.

Hello Taiki

Use Now2Ami, it is an excellent tool, good performance if you are trading only index futures, best part is its total free :)

back-fill process is manual but dependable, over all a great tool for charts data if your trading volumes are low and you want to keep your trading costs down

Happy :)