Zerodha for dummies

Reconcile and transaction password after every login is such a headache.......:mad::(....specially if you are in a hurry and NOW asks for transaction password ...and your price gone...specially if you have to frequently logoff....
Yes, it can be very irritating. Especially since when it works, it's so fast that you get into that particular mindset, fast fast fast... and then suddenly everything just halts. Reconcile may or may not work so you log off and exit and re-launch it.

It seems to get a bit more sluggish (startup) with every launch.. is it ? Has anyone else experienced it ?

When it is properly connected, it is a pleasure to watch the screen, all those fast moving prices and changing colors :)

columbus

Reconcile and transaction password after every login is such a headache.......:mad::(....specially if you are in a hurry and NOW asks for transaction password ...and your price gone...specially if you have to frequently logoff....
Hi TraderRavi,

Transaction Password is asked only ONE time.In the main thread ZERODHA ,I
mentioned the the way to overcome it.Say if Nifty is trading at 5000,then put
a BUY at 4900.It will ask transaction password.Then cancel the order.Next
orders will be placed ,without NOW asking password.

columbus

Yes, it can be very irritating. Especially since when it works, it's so fast that you get into that particular mindset, fast fast fast... and then suddenly everything just halts. Reconcile may or may not work so you log off and exit and re-launch it.

It seems to get a bit more sluggish (startup) with every launch.. is it ? Has anyone else experienced it ?

When it is properly connected, it is a pleasure to watch the screen, all those fast moving prices and changing colors :)

Hi timepass,

Zerodha needs a good computer.Earlier I used 256MB-RAM laptop,now I am
using 1GB RAM laptop.Earlier it used to take a bit of time during log-in.
(Stops at 35% then a PAUSE ,resumes to 100%).Now no problems as such.

After each expiry Derivatives ,it takes good amount of time.(on that day
only)

sr114

NOW platfoem needs a fast computers with lot of memory. just look at process of NOW.exe and the mem usage.

Also after every expiry the new series to be loaded, so the scrips are to be downloaded. thats the time taken. if u go by ODIN and the scripmaster download, just look at the time taken to download about 48k+ fno scrips, 9k+ nse cm, 9k+ bse scrips, and it have to be done every other days or no new scrips can be loaded in the market watches. earlier it was done thru ftp, nowdays thank god net provides the link to download

thus every platform has it own merits and demerits.

for NOW it is amazingly fast in data updation. that why i like it

regards
sr114

Hi timepass,

Zerodha needs a good computer.Earlier I used 256MB-RAM laptop,now I am
using 1GB RAM laptop.Earlier it used to take a bit of time during log-in.
(Stops at 35% then a PAUSE ,resumes to 100%).Now no problems as such.

After each expiry Derivatives ,it takes good amount of time.(on that day
only)
Nowadays computer speed isn't much of a problem, nor is internet speed. Still, almost every trading platform has disconnection problems. TT has been very bad in last 2-3 days. It hangs, stays like that for 4-5 min, and then picks up. In yesterday's upmove, it got stuck at 4884.05, and then moved again at 4902. Then you refresh the charts, which may happen instantly or not.

Odin users, too, complain about disconnection problem.

My system is ok, memorywise & processorwise.

My internet connection too, is unlimited 1mbps + static IP.. So the problem must be at the other end.

VJAY

RECONCILE......is the biggest joke in NOW Terminal.

On Reconnection, only place to know Real Status is.......F11.

It gives only Net Position.

Forget about Order Book or Trade Book.

:D
Reconcile take automaticly when disconnection happen due to your net connection....when net reconnects NOW asks for reconcile you just need to click OK to it :)

you can press ctrl+f6 for net /daliy pos....

VJAY

How to find the margins for selling options ?? It's same as futures for overnight, maybe. But they used to have a page on facebook which defined the option and intraday margin needed for selling it.
IMO same like futures margin when you short options...though I take short options not checked it :)

A strange thing happened just now.

I received the contract note for equities in my mail, clicked on the attachment, tried to download it, but my antivirus blocked it as malware !!. It has never happened earlier. I tried it through a different browser (IE) and got the same result.

Of course I was able to view the contract note on ideal.zerodha.com, but just mentioning it, in case anyone else had a similar experience.