Yodlee, Asterix Help meee!!!

Dear SOS,

I think the number of funds and required diversification is fine. Your portfolio is almost an exact replica of my investments. However, please do understand the separation between fund picking and investment strategy.

When you invest, you need to monitor the investments and how the market is heading and how your funds are performing. Though these are really 5-star funds, they needn't be the best choice at all times. Hence, a timely evaluation is essential irrespective of which funds you choose.

In another thread, I had described my strategy. Invest for a year - Revisit - Re-analyze and Re-strategize and Invest. I would also advocate the same to you. You can invest for next 5 years or more, based on your lifestyle. However, fund picking should be done at regular intervals. This way, you don't land-up with lemons in the overall picture.

To elaborate a bit, the macro and micro picture of economy is very fluid and is under constant churn. With changing times, one should learn to adapt and hence, this suggestion. However, you need to take the final call ;)

Happy Investing !!

sos

Your portfolio is almost an exact replica of my investments.
That means ,I can count on you to inform me in case any of the funds are not performing upto the mark :D.

BTW, I have decided to go ahead with the following percentage of allocation:

LARGE CAP - 20%

LARGE AND MID CAP - 30%

MID AND SMALL CAP - 20%

MULTICAP - 20%

BALANCED - 10%

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Mutual Funds Discussion Forum 0