Wrong execution of Currency orders in NSE..

deba72

Today I had placed Sl-M order for 5 lots of GBPUSD July Future at 15.20 hrs with a trigger price of 1.3235. I had a buy position of 5 lots of GBPUSD before placing this order.
To my utter surprise I find this order got executed at 16.39 hrs.

At 16.39 hrs neither NSE or international markets showed any abrupt movements in GBPUSD and market prices were nowhere close to my trigger price. In NSE at that time GBPUSD was quoting around 1.3265. Hypothetically speaking, even if the price got triggered , my 5 lots got executed at an average price of 1.3184 ( 3 lots @1.3182 ! Which is 51 pips lower. This means in NSE suddenly there was no buyer in the NSE for the said instrument and for 5 lots it has to go down a good 51 pips....Check the NSE low of GBPUSD today..its my order which got executed that is showing...

very very strange incident.. already lodged complaint with the broker as well as NSE.....Thank god it was a trial trade and quantity was only 5 lots...

Today I had placed Sl-M order for 5 lots of GBPUSD July Future at 15.20 hrs with a trigger price of 1.3235. I had a buy position of 5 lots of GBPUSD before placing this order.

At 16.39 hrs neither NSE or international markets showed any abrupt movements in GBPUSD and market prices were nowhere close to my trigger price. In NSE at that time GBPUSD was quoting around 1.3265. Hypothetically speaking, even if the price got triggered , my 5 lots got executed at an average price of 1.3184 ( 3 lots @1.3182 ! Which is 51 pips lower. This means in NSE suddenly there was no buyer in the NSE for the said instrument and for 5 lots it has to go down a good 51 pips....Check the NSE low of GBPUSD today..its my order which got executed that is showing...

very very strange incident.. already lodged complaint with the broker as well as NSE.....Thank god it was a trial trade and quantity was only 5 lots...
NSE has some link about confirming your trades. Never tried it myself, but give it a go yourself.

Trade has happened there is no doubt on that..but the point is it is completely erroneous trade ...
The order would still be there in your order book. Take a screenshot of the order history and trade book, admin positions etc.

cloudTrader

I want to accept that such orders are really creating skepticism in my mind. Although I may be wrong for want of information.

In your case this sounds as if your price was the target to be achieved. As you have lodged complaint with NSE , I appreciate your efforts for being proactive in your approach towards an incident which is blurry all the way.

Please do keep us updated through this thread if you receive any credible reply from NSE.