Workmen's Long only trading in Equities

VJAY

Hi,

One month passed after building up our initial portfolio. Its time to review our portfolio.

Nifty is down 2.31% during this period where as our portfolio is down just by 1.08%. Our portfolio is beating the nifty in performance.

We will also see what actions we are going to take in case of loss making scrips.

Mindtree and Tech Mahintra are two scrips which are dragging down our portfolio significantly.

Let us analyse them and plan next course of action.

Dear Suri,
Please share info about this portfolio management..means now on you avearge only in lossing scrips?using PE to add portfolio?please post the exact points of managing this portfolio if possible...:)

suri112000

Dear Suri,
Please share info about this portfolio management..means now on you avearge only in lossing scrips?using PE to add portfolio?please post the exact points of managing this portfolio if possible...:)
1. We have created this portfolio when PE is the range of 20-24. We will average the trade as per trigger as long as PE does not fall below these levels. We will not touch this portfolio if PE falls below this range. Remember we have invested not more than 6% of our available funds here.

2. If PE falls below above level and is in the range of 15-20, we will have good opportunity to create another portfolio for scrips which are available at cheap prices. During the range we will average the scrips which are loss making as per trigger. Here we will use atleast 30% of our funds.

3. Below 14, we will use another 40% of funds to create another portfolio. This is the time for us to hunt great scrips for dead cheap prices. We leisurely hunt for bargains during this period.

"In Stock Market, money transfers from impatient to patient"

Hope this helps.

VJAY

Dear Suri,
How you manage loss making scrips in this portfolio?Is it like wait for bullish crossover and oversold conditions?or only bullish crossover?also if market go up we not touch this portfolio?

suri112000

Dear Suri,
How you manage loss making scrips in this portfolio?Is it like wait for bullish crossover and oversold conditions?or only bullish crossover?also if market go up we not touch this portfolio?
oversold conditions after bullish crossover provided the price is attractive enough to average it.

you will see how it is going to be done.:)

suri112000

Hi,

I am giving below one scrip.

Apar Inds. cmp 585.

We are entering this scrip tomorrow Qty 1. This is RIP (Random Investment).
We are going to make a killing here.:D

Every month on 27th we see the scrip price. If the scrip price then happens to be lower than previous month, we buy it otherwise sideways. Here lower price means even by a single rupee will be lower price.

suri112000

If anybody is interested to read good books on investing, try the following.

1. The Dhandho Investor: The Low-Risk Value Method to High Returns
Mohnish Pabrai
Sold by: Amazing Buy
Amazon
Rs. 209.00

2. The 3% Signal: The Investing Technique That Will Change Your Life
Kelly, Jason
Sold by: Amazing Buy
Amazon
Rs. 379.00

Hi

With Nifty PE nearing 21, it is my starting point to add to the Mutual fund folio . . .

The adds/top ups are factored in a fall right up to a PE of 17
(aprox 1500 points fall in Nifty) i.e 8 adds at every fall of 0.5 in historical PE value.

The scale out points were above PE of 23, scale out is also time based.

Happy Investing

Happy :)

suri112000

The following changes to the portfolio would be effective from next trading day.

1. If Apar Ind trades below Rs.585, I would buy one more share.
2. Havells India, I would add 2 more at current price.
3. Pidilite Industries, I would add 2 more at current price.

Earlier, we thought to add the positions in respect of Mindtree and TechM.

Tech M has bounced nicely...so add is put off.
Mindtree is still hanging....temporarily add is put on hold.