Woodies CCI trading system

Is Woodies CCI a leading indicator?

• Total voters

Pralhad

My net is not steady...so it get discontinued frequently and I need again fresh download.

Can any one add this on torrent and post link here. It will be very helpful for those who dont have steady net.

linkon7

Try downloading all the parts here with mirrors.
problem is with DVD6...
if possible, can someone who has it, please upload it again and post the link.... thanks...!

kkeskar92

Here is a short article describing a trading plan for the beginners in CCI system.

Newbie Trading Plan

• Follow your plan.
  • One time frame.
  • One market.
  • One signal.
  • One contract.
  • Determine your risk before entering a trade.
  • Set a stop immediately after entering a trade.
  • Determine exit before entering a trade.
  • Record on paper all of the characteristics of each trade Maintain a list of phone numbers in case of ISP or power outages.

Two through four of this plan is a matter of simple choice, not much to debate; and more or less a no-brainer. Number one speaks for itself. If you dont follow your plan exactly, when something goes wrong, you will not be able to analyze it and dissect the problem. You must treat trading like a business and not a video game if you expect to succeed. By sticking to your plan and recording what was happening when you entered and exited a trade, you stay focused, regardless of what happened. It gives you a frame of reference and a plan to succeed the next time you encounter the same set-up. When you encounter the trade again with a successful result; it provides you with something that money cant buy: psychological capital. It might come as a surprise, but trading is not a skill. The market is a battle of the bulls vs. bears/buyers vs. sellers/up vs. down. Trading is a battle from within. The market never changes, only your perception of it. Your trading plan keeps your mind focused on your reaction to market and away from the mind games that are created from fear and greed.

The use of one time-frame eliminates the confusion created by ambiguous and conflicting signals. It is a matter of personal preference as to which one you chose. Which one? The time-frame that you like best is usually the one that shows the best set-ups for your style of trading. A time-frame thats too fast is a typical problem. The bottom line is: if its not working, make a change. The five minute time-frame is probably the best one to use, at least while confidence is being built because is gives you 3-4 minutes to decided if youre going to take a position.

Every market has its own unique characteristics and staying focused on one allows you to know in a general way, what to expect in various situations, freeing you to react to CCI signals and staying focused on your plan. For new people the YM provides excellent trading opportunities by trending well on most days and when the transition is made from simulation to real money, the $5.00/point contract allows for a more forgiving outcome if the market turns against your position.

Learning and becoming proficient with one signal at a time; knowing exactly how to react when presented the opportunity is a practical way to stay focused on your plan. The ZLR is best CCI signal to begin trading because it is nothing more than a retrace; a pull-back creating a buying or selling opportunity. There are at least 4-5 good ZLR trades using the 5 minute YM on any given day.

I have heard it said that if you can trade one contract, you can trade two. I believe that to be true, but I also believe the reverse; if you cant trade one you cant trade two. My question to you would be: why risk twice as much psychological capital as necessary?
Remember, this is not a video game. Losing 30 ticks with one contract in 4 separate trades and then making it all back with 4 contracts in one trade is pure luck. You might be able to do that once in while, but over the long haul, it does nothing to build confidence, focus and psychological capital. There is no such thing as a lucky trader.

Six through nine is where the rubber meets the road. You must determine your risk before taking a position. This is not a mystifying, hard to calculate, complicated formula. It is simply, how far you are willing to let a position turn against you before you exit; your tolerance or aversion for risk. The reasons you have to determine risk beforehand are to not only save capital in a losing trade, but also to keep your mind out of the hope mode. When you close a losing trade, you stick to your rules and you can take comfort that anything can happen, which in turn leaves you prepared in a positive mode to watch for the next signal. Conversely, if you dont have rules to trade by, any loss will leave you wondering what happened, making you feel alienated from the flow of the market. That will cause pain. Pain will cause psychological capital to be deducted from your mental account. A stop is an essential part of trading. One never knows when a program trade will go out of control causing a sudden spike in price, taking down everyone in its path. As a trader, you know that anything can happen. After entering a position you could put a stop two ticks above/below the entry bar, backing it up 5-6 ticks to allow for backing and filling. The CCI is a momentum indicator, if the move is good, momentum will continue. If the bar is too long; more than 10 ticks, pass on the trade. If you see the market turning against your position you can exit the trade before it hits your stop. A trader must recognize when a trade is not working; exiting as quickly as possible. This is the root of money management. All of these decisions will depend on your tolerance for risk. Separate but closely related to determining risk and setting stops is when to exit a winning trade. There is probably nothing more demoralizing than to allow a winning trade to turn into a break-even or a losing trade. Targets can be set or simply using the movement of the CCI.

I do not wish to speak too much of the mechanical aspects of entry and exit because those decisions are personal and individualistic. Keeping track of stats allows a trader to examine very closely, not only losing, but also winning trades. Next to your computer should be a piece of paper with the details of entry, stops, exit, drawdown, MFE, angle of EMA, color of LSMA, TCCI and whatever data you feel is pertinent. Clint from Texas has explained stats keeping in an excellent presentation that can be viewed on woodies website. It keeps your mind focused on the trading plan and away from the temptation of making up trades, no matter what the outcome. The entire plan lays the groundwork that builds a bridge from your inexperience as a trader to intuitively knowing what will probably happen before it does; operative word: probably. We as traders never know the outcome until it happens. A trading plan is really a picture of the health of a trader, similar to a balance sheet of a corporation. Staying focused and following your plan gathers psychological capital and builds the confidence that traders need to survive.

The psychology of trading is the most difficult area to master--the patterns are easy to see; being able to pull the trigger when a valid pattern appears and not taking a position when there is no real, good set-up; in other words, to refrain from helter-skelter trading. People that come to woodiescciclub are usually looking for a more successful way to trade; which was the case with me. Looking back at my over my time here, I can say that the trend trade is the one that built my confidence more than anything else. The ZLR, Tony Trade, and GB100 are indispensable tools when trading the cci; all are taken while the trend is already in progress. What about the ghost, vegas and famir? They are trend changing patterns and are useful; but nothing builds trading confidence more than being in a successful trade. I believe the thing that escapes most newbies and accounts for the approximately 93% failure rate is that trading is not a matter of you against the market; it is you against yourself. Focusing on a myriad of details such as varying time frames, charting packages, different markets, etc; only distracts the new trader from the real job at hand: trading psychology. Settle on one charting package, time-frame, and market and work to learn how you react to patterns. Woodie drew his charts with paper and pencil when he first started trading.

The trend is your friend is more than a clich; it is a way of surviving in this business. I have observed the chat log in the room; the people's names change but their questions and comments remain the same. "Does that look like a Vegas?" "I don't have a ZLR on my chart; what charting package do you have?" Truthfully, you would be doing yourself the biggest favor in the world by learning how a ZLR looks and responds with your particular charting package; and more importantly, how you respond to it. The market can only do one of two things: trend or go sideways. If it is going sideways, youre flat. If its trending, youre looking for a with the trend trade. You dont have to get in at the beginning of a trend to be a successful trader. On the left side of the chart below there is a rather lame-looking ghost, albeit still a ghost. The CCI goes up almost to extremes and then pulls back, changing the trend from down to up with the first green bar. After four more bars, a TT forms, signaling the continuation of the up-trend. If you didnt get in at that point, you had two ZLRs form for a total of 90 points; all with three trend trades taken after the trend began. Thats what is meant by staying focused. It is of no use at all to ask another trader what they see. You could ask ten traders to look at the same pattern and you would probably get at least four different interpretations. The bottom line: the success of trading lies within you, not what is on the screen.

kkeskar92

Todays Nifty trade

Short Nifty when horizontal trendline break appeared when price failed to remain above yesterdays close with negative LSMA and exited when CCI crossed back above -100.

Total points 65
Missed the other long trade as I was busy with other work.

rajputz

hi buddy...the 6th dvd is the most important as woodie has told us how to put all of it togather to form a great trading system. Please upload the link for the last dvd as the last part downloaded is not working....its a request if you can upload it on mediafire....easy to download...we are nothing widout the final lesson from woodie...thanks ina dvance

imgkg

http://tinyurl.com/ygxshwb here is the complete links of all the woodie's DVD sets i am not able to download due to low speed,hotfile link is same as provided by "kkeskar92" so probably 6th DVD is the same of bad quality,however all the DVDs are uploaded in rar format in parts,i have no idea which one is which DVD there 17 rar files on rapidshare and netload,if you manage to download them quickly,please up load 6th dvd again so that others can share it too.

kkeskar92

Shamu trade on 5 min Nifty chart...Long Nifty at 4775

kkeskar92

Now waiting for europe open...will be out if europe opens negative.