Why is brokerage charges different for each company?

kingsmasher1

Hi,
Can someone tell me, why is brokerage rate different for each company for buy and sell? On what factors, brokerage rate for each company depends (since different for each)?

I did some trading, and as you can see in attached picture, for one company Mahindra&Mahindra it goes as high as 1.2914 per unit :eek: :mad::mad:

So seems like if i sell 1000 quantity with a margin of 50 paise, thinking i have 500 Rs profit, it is actually a loss :(:(

Also, is this case for all brokers?

Kindly help.

Last edited:

travi

Hi,
Can someone tell me, why is brokerage rate different for each company for buy and sell? On what factors, brokerage rate for each company depends (since different for each)?
SEBI has mandated an upper limit to brokerage, and like any other service in the market, price variation will appear.
Long story short, brand value, reliability, availability, support and size are some factors.
A small broker can go bankrupt while the odds of larger established one is lesser. (This statement in context of theory :p:p)
I did some trading in sharekhan, and as you can see in attached picture, for one company Mahindra&Mahindra it goes as high as 1.2914 per unit :eek: :mad::mad:

So seems like if i sell 1000 quantity with a margin of 50 paise, thinking i have 500 Rs profit, it is actually a loss :(:(

Also, is this case only in sharekhan or all brokers?

Kindly help.
For small qty trader, small retail investor, learner, newbie etc brokerage in % tends to hurt more so
If you want effective brokerage plans, check out the comparison of discount brokers in the forum.

kingsmasher1

Seems like they charge brokerage differently for different individuals. :confused::confused:

I had called them up day, and seems they were charging a sky-rocketing 0.1% intraday brokerage for every buy and sell. :(:(:(

Hence, if lot size is 1000 and price of each share is suppose Rs.250/- then the amount i need to pay is, (0.1%x250) x 1000 = (0.25 x100) = Rs 25.

But the brokerage seems to be the same across companies, looked to be varied because (0.1% x cost-of-share) since cost-of-share varied, hence the brokerage, but the percentage was same across.

However, i spoke to my broker today, and got it changed to 0.05% :clap::clap::clap: and they also made the sell brokerage to zero (only buy i need to pay now onwards for intraday) :clapping::clapping::

Seems like they charge brokerage differently for different individuals. :confused::confused:

I had called them up day, and seems they were charging a sky-rocketing 0.1% intraday brokerage for every buy and sell. :(:(:(

Hence, if lot size is 1000 and price of each share is suppose Rs.250/- then the amount i need to pay is, (0.1%x250) x 1000 = (0.25 x100) = Rs 25.

However, i spoke to my broker today, and got it changed to 0.05% :clap::clap::clap: and they also made the sell brokerage to zero (only buy i need to pay now onwards for intraday) :clapping::clapping::
Also keep in mind there is minimum brokerage in delivery and higher per share brokerage too... (penny shares will cost u lot of brokerage) visit their site.. it has all details i guess