Which one is better laptop ?

Snake.Head

Thanks for your reply, TimePass!

Presently I am using 3GB RAM and get what I need.

But now I have to frequent to an upcountry location with eratic power supply. So need a laptop which has a long battery life and is light weight. No other frills I need than to run 3 instances of Nest Trader and 2 instances of Excel.

Micromax Canvas L1161 has a battery backup of over 10 hours so I was wondering if 2GB RAM can deliver what I need.
Can't say if it will handle or not but if it has win 10 os then maybe
I notice nesttrader take much less ram on win 8.1 and win 10
Both OS has went into lot improvement in memory management
I use win 10 it take around 50-80mb ram

When Windows 10's memory manager begins to run out of physical memory in this build, it'll compress unused pages in physical memory rather than writing them out to disk. The company says this behavior results in reduced memory usage per process, allowing the OS to keep more programs in physical memory at a time. The net result should be improved responsiveness. Users will see the compression store in action as part of the System process' memory usage in Task Manager, which will appear to be greater than its memory usage in previous Windows releases.

I am using Dell also. Serving well so far. But recently I notice a problem there. And took it to the repair center they are saying that ribbon problem. Ribbon need to be changed. Otherwise it's totally fit for work.

I am using Dell also. Serving well so far. But recently I notice a problem there. And took it to the repair center they are saying that ribbon problem. Ribbon need to be changed. Otherwise it's totally fit for work.
Hi
What sort of problem did you notice. And what is this ribbon sort of thing in laptop
Thanks

Fundootrader

Thanks Snake.Head ! Yes it has Windows 10. I am going for it.

Thanks.
How do you run 3 instances - I tried installing second instance - ztrader while i had rksv nest - and it messed up - never able to launch ztrader

Installer never asked for location.

Relish

How do you run 3 instances - I tried installing second instance - ztrader while i had rksv nest - and it messed up - never able to launch ztrader

May be different drive help

It is on the same drive. Save under different names viz Nest_A, Nest_B and Nest_C in Omnesys directory. You will have to manually change the names.