Which are the most suitable commodities for trading?

travi

Bumping this thread up to know best trade-able commodity apart from Crude?
i mean something like crude which is similar to BNF.

travi

Silver or Gold (with a preference towards Gold)
Silver i can expect but didn't know Gold gave such moves intraday. Anyway will check its chart but u ought to be right in current volatile mkts with currencies (USD) fluctuating as well.

I just saw nickel moving so i asked, how about that one ?

NJ78

Silver i can expect but didn't know Gold gave such moves intraday. Anyway will check its chart but u ought to be right in current volatile mkts with currencies (USD) fluctuating as well.

I just saw nickel moving so i asked, how about that one ?
Nickel seems volatile because of its lower lot size but yes, it's a great commodity to trade positionally along with Copper.

The real volatile commodity is Silver which can sometimes look like "Banknifty on a rampage" because it (Silver) is capable of 2000 pts moves in a day on NFP or on some other news. Gold scores on liquidity, compliance to technical studies and also because it's the only commodity that currently has options contracts -- though I've yet to see brokers make it available.

On the flipside, you may also want to look at something like Zinc or Lead that has a high lot size and therefore a slow mover. Overall, personally speaking, I've been looking to develop a portfolio of methods centered around Gold, Silver, Crude Oil and Zinc. My goal is to specialize in at least 2 of these and trade them for a lifetime.