What Will you Do If You Dont Get Time To Place Stop Loss Due To Sudden Jerk In Price?

Ganesh543

Dear Day Trader Friends

See my todays problem a stock from -1 percent rose to 2.5 percent and I shorted it at 5 percent level but with in few seconds it went up by another 5 percent

I could not get time to place a stop loss and my whole day earning were converted to loss of Rs 43 this banking stock increased by 11 percent in a day ....

Whats your experience in such cases .....I think I should have monitored its price chart and should have waited for short covering to stop what do you think

Thanku
Hare Krishna :)
Ganesh

mayavi99

Re: What Will you Do If You Dont Get Time To Place Stop Loss Due To Sudden Jurk In Pr

Just absorb the loss and call it a day. Not everyday is a pay day in the markets.

AW10

Re: What Will you Do If You Dont Get Time To Place Stop Loss Due To Sudden Jerk In Pr

1) Place stoploss order before u place main order.
or
2) switch to a broker that has better order placement platform where it will take you less time to put 2 orders.

Happy Trading

Ganesh543

Re: What Will you Do If You Dont Get Time To Place Stop Loss Due To Sudden Jerk In Pr

1) Place stoploss order before u place main order.
or
2) switch to a broker that has better order placement platform where it will take you less time to put 2 orders.

Happy Trading
Yes I think that is the right way to stop myself to enter into anytype of losses

Thanks
Hare Krishna
Ganesh

I think many brokers allow putting the SL later or changing the SL like indiainfoline
Use those