What is POA stocks?

Hi,

I am using motilal oswal trading portal. I am trying to understand Trading portals jargons. There is no enough help around in the portal. So for the basics I came to you Gurus.

What is POA stocks?

Thanks

vijayvaliya Thank you so much for enlightening me.
I never gave him any authority to my demat provider. Is it something wrong with
the shares I won?

Thanks
Jagadeesh

hills_5000

every broker makes you sign these papers.. dont worry this is to protect his interests should you default on the margin that he is giving you e.g. if you have stocks worth 1 lakh with him... he will give you a margin on them depending on what the stocks are and upto 4 times the value for intra day trading... so if you make any losses and u dont pay him...then on the 4th day the broker will automatically sell shares equal to your loss ....hence they take POA.... have been with MOSL for 4 years now.... but have now shifted to angel broking...suggest you do the same...they are way better than motilal...
dear jagdeesh,

These are papers you sign while opening the account. they must have got it signed from you while opening account with them.

every broker makes you sign these papers.. dont worry this is to protect his interests should you default on the margin that he is giving you e.g. if you have stocks worth 1 lakh with him... he will give you a margin on them depending on what the stocks are and upto 4 times the value for intra day trading... so if you make any losses and u dont pay him...then on the 4th day the broker will automatically sell shares equal to your loss ....hence they take POA.... have been with MOSL for 4 years now.... but have now shifted to angel broking...suggest you do the same...they are way better than motilal...
Hill can you give a feedback on ez-trade of Motilal oswal?

Hill and vijayvaliya,

Thank you very much for the great answers. Now POA is crystal clear to me.

Hill, Will play with Motilal oswal for somemore time and then shift to Angel. Many thanks for note on this.

Thanks