What are the stocks to have in a long term portfolio?

Klewtar

ITC seems to be a long term stock worth keeping. What are the golden stocks that continuously rise in value?

JUBLFood seems to be a new stock worth keeping.

Bigbear

All the stocks screened by me.. Extremely good for investment.
ITC
HDFCBANK
BATAINDIA [ May have topped ]
ASIANPAINT
SHREECEM
TTKPRISTIGE
APPOLOHOSPITAL [ May have topped]
HINDUNILVR
WOCKPHARMA
SUNPHARMA
TCS
MARICO
UTSOF
ULTRACEMIO
TTKPRESITGE[ May have topped According to PA]
STAR
HEXAWARE
DRREDDY
HAVELLS..
MCLEODRUSS

These are the strongest stocks a must have in the long term portfolio...
Note: I am a trader . Hence i dont have a single share in the list of stocks provided.
And these are only my views about strong stocks.
Regards

Last edited:

Klewtar

@Bigbear I filtered the above stocks through quarterly performances and 3 of them (ITC excluded since I've noticed it before) stand out for very long term investment:
-HDFCBANK (worthy of being a golden stock)
-SUNPHARMA (very strong performance but the candle for this quarter is red.)
-MARICO

Dabur also seems to be a golden stock

Edit:
I removed Apollo hospital since it didn't hold up after some scrutiny (and there are warnings of it topped out.)

Last edited:

Bigbear

@Bigbear I filtered the above stocks through quarterly performances and 4 of them (ITC excluded since I've noticed it before) stand out for very long term investment:
-HDFCBANK (worthy of being a golden stock)
-SUNPHARMA (very strong performance but the candle for this quarter is red.)
-MARICO
-APOLLOHOSP

Dabur also seems to be a golden stock
Klewtar..
How do you measure performance based on quarterly results??
What should be the criteria? I am just curious.

Klewtar

I'm using an EMA 15 line on quarterly charts:

Notice that since 2003, Sun pharma does not open below the EMA 15 line.

A very strong and stable stock should not open (significantly) below the EMA 15 line on quarterly charts.

Last edited:

Rish

instead of keeping a portfolio isn't it better to invest in a fund or buy nifty futures? just my thinking...
Instead of Equity, workout strategy for Nifty ETF Bees, say every tip buy and hold. Reason is very simple, nifty can't be Zero, it will cross even 10,000 in the year 2014. So, your investment is 100% SAFE, whereas stock can be single digit, but, nifty can't.

No Fund / No Equity - nothing, just Nifty ETF. My suggestion, choice is your. All the best.

Bigbear

I'm using an EMA 15 line on quarterly charts:

Notice that since 2003, Sun pharma does not open below the EMA 15 line.

A very strong and stable stock should not open (significantly) below the EMA 15 line on quarterly charts.
Thanks a lot very helpful. By the way, Which software are you using to get the quarterly charts?

Bigbear

instead of keeping a portfolio isn't it better to invest in a fund or buy nifty futures? just my thinking...

There are many reasons not to do that.
You want to put money in such a way to get superior returns than Nifty and should be safer. That's the reason you select the strongest stocks to invest in.

If not whats the point of Investment?
Have you at least seen the chart of ITC/Sunpharma?
Here is a clue what to look for, Even if Nifty crashes due to whatever irrational reason, Stocks like ITC and sunpharma will never crash. It might come down a little. But in long run , It still can go to new highs.

Regards

Klewtar

@Bigbear, I used Sharekhan's trade tiger for charting.

NIFTY is ok to play safe but in the chart below, the price has opened (twice) below the EMA 15 line on quarterly charts:

ITC, SunPharma, Dabur, HDFC Bank seem to have outperformed the NIFTY.