Want to buy a printer

doonyadav

Thank you all for your replies.
Canon Pixma MP- 287 looks like a great option. Please explain few more things, as I have never used a printer before.
1) What I need is basically a B&W printer, but wouldnt mind having a colour one with scanner in this price range. My only problem is, when most of my prinitng would be black and white, what would happen to the colour ink?
2) Suppose I am travelling somewhere for say a week or so, then it will be a problem if there is nobody else to use the printer.
3) Supposing such a situation arises and ink dries up, how much loss would that be? I mean how much does refilling the ink tank once with original ink cost? Or does dried ink also damages the printer?
4) What is the benefit of seperately fitted ink tank?

Regards
Krushna.
1. If your uses are rare then consider laser printer it costs 6000-8000. I had Samsung print+scan+copy laser printer cost INR 8000.
2. normally ink does not dry if not used for 5-7 days.
3. Cartridges set costs 2000 approx.
4. If you fix tank then no need of changing cartridges, just fill and use.
I purchased in feb 2016. Since then replaced cartridges set one time. one set of cartridges is good enough for (12000-15000) prints approx (with tank refill).
Without tank it will be very costly per print.

As per your requirement i suggest you a laser printer. Try Samsung or brother, canon, Hp. Just surf the net

1. If your uses are rare then consider laser printer it costs 6000-8000. I had Samsung print+scan+copy laser printer cost INR 8000.
2. normally ink does not dry if not used for 5-7 days.
3. Cartridges set costs 2000 approx.
4. If you fix tank then no need of changing cartridges, just fill and use.
I purchased in feb 2016. Since then replaced cartridges set one time. one set of cartridges is good enough for (12000-15000) prints approx (with tank refill).
Without tank it will be very costly per print.

As per your requirement i suggest you a laser printer
Previous page

1. Brother HL-L2321D Laser
Hello, what is this about "ink" for laser printer ??

Anyway, Brother, Canon, Wipro, Samsung all good brands. But HP is the most common and service/refill are available very commonly.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!, ....used the whole series ?!!!!, what were you printng ?!!!:eek:
I had used to have 2 cybercafes. Had 5-6 printers running at the same time, used to buy one printer per month, used to print 5000-6000 pages per day.

LOVEENAJYOTHI

I had used to have 2 cybercafes. Had 5-6 printers running at the same time, used to buy one printer per month, used to print 5000-6000 pages per day.
1.Ya figured that much once i recollected ur post abt "used to type a lot".

2.Seeking Advice: what is best way to practice Laptop keyboard for a person who is still going thru the pain of using 1 or 2 fingers to type a whole legal document?

2.Seeking Advice: what is best way to practice Laptop keyboard for a person who is still going thru the pain of using 1 or 2 fingers to type a whole legal document?
There are "Typing Tutor" softwares available on the internet. Ask a computer professional near you, you may have to try 2-3 different softwares before you find the right one.

If the typing jobs aren't regular, then get a professional to do it. You not only need the knowledge of typing, but also MS-word (or whatever word processor you use).

LOVEENAJYOTHI

There are "Typing Tutor" softwares available on the internet. Ask a computer professional near you, you may have to try 2-3 different softwares before you find the right one.

If the typing jobs aren't regular, then get a professional to do it. You not only need the knowledge of typing, but also MS-word (or whatever word processor you use).
1. Using Excel (sorta automated it to compensate the lack of typing skill) even for legal drafts.
Created a DataBase of all possible scenario drafts and just modify names & other Party specific info/text/clauses thru input fields.
2. Ya i dont even dare to print when stamp papers are involved, i leave that to good hands.

Krushna

Krushna, if you don't have much experience with printing, I would still suggest that you go for printing your images at a cybercafe or something for a month or so. If, after that, you still feel like you need one on hand 24x7, then go for buying one.

If you are mainly for B&W printers, then laser would be the best thing for you. And nearly all the printers these days are copier/scanner/printer.

As for the safety of the laser printer, have you heard of xerox machines blowing up ??

With inkjet printers, it's not the ink tank that's the real problem, it is the print head which is likely to get clogged up and need replacement. It may or may not be covered under the warranty. A print head costs nearly 80% of the inkjet printer cost.
Yes, I think your suggestion makes sense. Will try it for a few days.

May be even xerox machines emit those chemicals, but the issue with the printer would be I would be keeping it in my home.
(Btw, I have even stopped using Agarbatti in home, also other chemicals like room freshner etc.)

Had no idea about the issue and cost of print head in inkjet printers.

Regards
Krushna.