Volume Profile and Market Profile a new wave of market picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRAY27

Rotation Factor (RF) – A calculation that shows the strength of the current market trend. It is calculated by assigning a value from -2 to +2 to each TPO. A value of -1 is assigned to the low of the current TPO if its low is lower than the low of the previous TPO, a value of 0 is assigned to the low of the current TPO if its low is the same as the low of the previous TPO, and a value of +1 is assigned to the low of the current TPO if its low is higher than the low of the previous TPO. The same applies to the highs. A value of -1 is assigned to the high of the current TPO if its high is lower than the high of the previous TPO, a value of 0 is assigned to the high of the current TPO if its high is the same as the high of the previous TPO, and a value of +1 is assigned to the high of the current TPO if its high is higher than the high of the previous TPO. All of the values are then added together to get the rotation factor for the current day.

XRAY27

But calculating strength of each TPO manually is difficult :eek: :D ..thanks to Rajendran for this AFL's

RF-AFL for 30MIN charts

///////////////////////////////////
//Coded by Rajandran R
//Date : 05th July 2015

_SECTION_BEGIN("Rotational Factor - Market Profile");

RF = 0;
NewDay = day() != Ref(day(), -1);

for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++)
{
if(NewDay==True)
{
BarsUp=0;
BarsDown=0;
RF = 0;

}
//If Current Bar Makes HH and HL
if(H>H[i-1] AND L>L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]+2;
}

//If Current Bar Makes LH and LL
if(H<H[i-1] AND L<L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]-2;
}

//If Current Bar Makes HH and LL
if(H>H[i-1] AND L<L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1];
}

//If Current Bar Makes LH and HL
if(H<H[i-1] AND L>L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1];
}

if(H==H[i-1] AND L>L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]+1;
}

if(H>H[i-1] AND L==L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]+1;
}

if(H<H[i-1] AND L==L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]-1;
}

if(H==H[i-1] AND L<L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]-1;
}

}

Plot(0,"",colorIndigo,styleline);

Plot(RF,"Rotational Factor", IIf(RF>0,colorGreen,colorRed),styleHistogram | stylethick);

_SECTION_END();

Source code:market calls

Last edited:

XRAY27

Below (RF) Code for Daily charts

//Coded by Rajandran R
//Date : 05th July 2015

_SECTION_BEGIN("Rotational Factor - Market Profile");

RF = 0;
NewDay = month() != Ref(month(), -1);

for(i=1;i<BarCount;i++)
{
if(NewDay==True)
{
BarsUp=0;
BarsDown=0;
RF = 0;

}
//If Current Bar Makes HH and HL
if(H>H[i-1] AND L>L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]+2;
}

//If Current Bar Makes LH and LL
if(H<H[i-1] AND L<L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]-2;
}

//If Current Bar Makes HH and LL
if(H>H[i-1] AND L<L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1];
}

//If Current Bar Makes LH and HL
if(H<H[i-1] AND L>L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1];
}

if(H==H[i-1] AND L>L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]+1;
}

if(H>H[i-1] AND L==L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]+1;
}

if(H<H[i-1] AND L==L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]-1;
}

if(H==H[i-1] AND L<L[i-1] AND !NewDay)
{
RF=RF[i-1]-1;
}

}

Plot(0,"",colorIndigo,styleline);
Plot(RF,"Rotational Factor", IIf(RF>0,colorGreen,colorRed),styleHistogram | stylethick);

_SECTION_END();

Code source:market calls

Last edited:
Is any suitable TF to read this TPO, Bcoz As a scalper i 'll follow 3MTF, But 3M nd 30M TF Both results are same level on TPO. Pls correct if its wrong.:confused:

RPS. VINOD
It will show the same level if you use the TPO to draw on daily irrespective of time frames. Instead use 3 MTF to draw TPO on daily basis and use composite profile on the same chart or other chart to draw it on all the candles or From date of the data series to have all/ weekly/monthly profile. There must be a setting on your indicator to do this.

Last edited:

XRAY27

Is any suitable TF to read this TPO, Bcoz As a scalper i 'll follow 3MTF, But 3M nd 30M TF Both results are same level on TPO. Pls correct if its wrong.:confused:

RPS. VINOD
Vinod !!!

Try Daily for 3mins and weekly for 30mins ..as you know time frame is critical for TPO reading

Last edited:

XRAY27

80 % rule

if market opens above VA or below VA and coming into VA and remaining there for 1 hour i,e., 2 consecutive candles of 30 min then there is 80 % probability that it (va) will be filled

However if price opens above/below previous days value area and haven’t return back then it is a sign of one sided directional move

Last edited:

wisp

80 % rule

if market opens above VA or below VA and coming into VA and remaining there for 1 hour i,e., 2 consecutive candles of 30 min then there is 80 % probability that it (va) will be filled

However if price opens above/below previous days value area and haven’t return back then it is a sign of one sided directional move

Bro, thanks, what would it mean if it opened inside VA? What should we look for like in today's scenario?

XRAY27

Bro, thanks, what would it mean if it opened inside VA? What should we look for like in today's scenario?
It was opened in VA but first hour close was away from va ..so expecting trending..towards downside !!! with POC as SL !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.