Upstox is a privacy nightmare

cheap brokers , cheap business ...

bhai log just complain complain everywhere ....

naak may dum kardo unke .... like they do ...

where to comlplain

1. telecom customer care
2. nse portal
3. Nodal Officer
4. Zonal Head officer
5. TRAI
6. SEBI
7. POLICE

8. Master stroke : WHEN everything fails then

record VOICE of call ... make a video .. post on twitter .. tag SEBI , NSE PORTAL , Telecom ..
let the world know ... neither SEBI , Telecom , Police , TRAI would like show off their efficiency in solving customers problems..

I did everything from 1-5.
calls stopped . sms kind of stopped ..

I get 1sms / day..

Technically even this should not reach my phone ...
if it gets too annoying ... ya mera dimag phirega toh ... apun will complaint to SEBI and Police..

FYI : I have already recorded 5-6 Call Voice of these number.. In case I reach Master stroke
Seems like I have to go nuclear too about this!

mohan.sic

Dont ever trust anything with Upstox. I am planning to now shut my account down and also lodge a formal complaint.

I took a dedicated sim for trading only because i get too many calls on my regular num.

I updated my phone number in upstox records accordingly and ever since then I am swamped with calls and smses from "research" and "advisory" companies.

Pretty pretty sure there has been a leak and that too from upstox side. I am getting super pissed at these morons for trusting them with my info. There was no way my num should be leaked to any advisory. I hate those buggers and do all I can to avoid them like the bubonic plague.

This is a rant but it can't get my privacy back. Shame on you!
Can understand your pain. Most of the traders gets these calls from so called advisory or tips providers.
Since we registered our numbers with a broker, we see the broker as a villain. But logically no broker at top level will give out your number.
why will any broker give his data to a third person ( client data is most important for them- it is their source of revenue). Even for money, brokers wont sell their customers data.

Forget about upstox, your contact number can come out even if you have a trading ac only with icici sec.

Yes brokers employees at some mid level may sell the data. And that problem is there in every industry.
And coming to broking , most of these data leaks wont happen at brokers end. It's DP's.

pannet1

what a beautiful way to live. eventhough the one on the other end is trying to sell, still its a human being.

I am curious what do you trade with 4000, which why not have a capital that is 100 times that of your amount risked in every trade.

Relax people.....
why should you feel hurt....when a husky voice enquires your financial well being.
My trading account is funded with Rs.4000, I always worry how can I pay them Rs.10000 per month.
They advice you to increase your fund. Who can think better of you than them? Has anyone from your near and dear ones asked you about your losses or profits. Can you atleast openly discussed these issues with them.
Here comes Indore people handy to share your true results with them. You can discuss with them freely and let your vaccum clear up.

Now, I find a relaxing technique. I tell them call me after 5 PM as I am busy trading.
When I get call at 5 PM, I engage them to their satisfaction for about an hour.
Finally I tell them I would have subscribed had it not been for unemployment or misery.;)

Last edited:

newtrader101

I am 100% sure it was leaked from broker's side , not google or any other service. Me too regularly get phone calls and 2-3 SMS ( jackpot call or penny stocks) on daily basis on my number registered with broker but not on my other numbers. all these calls are from indore. There is already a similar thread opened by some dukhi member.
I also faced this same issue after using Sharekhan for a few years. Then used Truecaller app to block out their calls and sms. Most of the calls were from Indore and some other MP towns. Only, you have to keep checking if legit calls and sms are not blocked.

Many callers were offering loans for trading. These were from other states as well.

To give the benefit of doubt to Sharekhan, I had used two trade advisory services- one, power your trade from Money control and another site.

Also, there seems to be some logic in the argument that the source is DP as Mohan.sic pointed out. More than once, I got calls on days when I had good trades. It went like this: trade keisa chal raha hai sir...?

It felt like a pattern. Disturbing.

Last edited: