UPS for longer backup

TradeOptions

Hi friends

I have a PC with 2 screens of 24 inches. My current UPS - luminous solo "one year old", gives me backup of less then 10 minutes.

I want to buy a new UPS which will give me a backup of atleast 30 minutes. My maximum budget is 10k, but I will be happy, if I can get it in lower price range. I have heard that APC UPS etc. needs very clean power supply and even if there is slight changes in power supply, it will turn on the battery power consumption, rather then using the main power supply. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing for the consumer. So I would request to please suggest some other companies as well, which are known to work good in the Indian Conditions.

Please give some suggestions, which one should I buy.

Thanks a lot

you want more back up because of power supply problem or there is some other reason.

BTW, if the back up was more previously than now, in your present UPS, then change battery of the UPS. Moreover battery of UPS needs a replacement after every 12-13 months, normally.

hmp

Which companies inverter is good for long run,& how much watt for battery required for at least 6 hour backup ? I want to replace my old Chinese make inverter.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
is it inverter cum UPS or a UPS connected to an inverter ?
oh... actually it is pure sine wave (tribal aks amaron make) inverter(+180ah exide semi tubular battery), which at the rear has switch - "normal" and "ups".
normal mode is to be used for normal electrical equipments.
ups mode only if pc is connected.
it has provisions to attach to mcb, but I m using it exclusively for pc, tv,pedestal fan,bulb that's it :D
if powercut means whole house is dark, except my room..:D

I told this much ramayan bcos I don know the answer to ur Q. sorry :eek:
no idea abt ups connected to inverter.

oh... actually it is pure sine wave (tribal aks amaron make) inverter(+180ah exide semi tubular battery), which at the rear has switch - "normal" and "ups".
normal mode is to be used for normal electrical equipments.
ups mode only if pc is connected.
it has provisions to attach to mcb, but I m using it exclusively for pc, tv,pedestal fan,bulb that's it :D
if powercut means whole house is dark, except my room..:D

I told this much ramayan bcos I don know the answer to ur Q. sorry :eek:
no idea abt ups connected to inverter.
how much did this setup cost ?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
how much did this setup cost ?
20,000;(2yrs back). every 3 months have to pour distilled water in battery.
no compaints yet. during cyclone hudhud, no power for 15 days.. used it for mobile charging and aquaguard for drinking water purpose. aquaguard is a sensitive equipment, normal inverters will burn it.. only pure sine wave should be used.

Last edited: