Tuna's Crude Recordbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreammerchant

Everything is explained on this thread bro. I was looking the STI on multi time frame and OBV picking up. First 5 mins moved above STI , then 15 mins was showing strength where as 30 mins supertrend was bearish but
Flat and OVB was trending up in all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just now checked the charts bro, u got eagle eyes... Clear signs of reversal it is...

DM

Last edited:

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
+28 points on Long again and out. Has been a good day in Crude.

Tuna

Dear Tuna,Want to see your reversal trade chart if you wish.
There will not be a single view bro. Just read my post and change the TF from 30 min, 15 min and 5 mins with simply STI on it and an OBV with 34 EMA overlay, you will note how the reversal was first seeded on the 5mins chart and then percolated up where bearish 30mins STI was flattish (important !!) .

It failed to sustain below previous day's closed price - that was enough. OBV gave the confirmation on volume for bullishness.

So it was a buy on dips till now for me, except the early morning short which was a little lucky one. Good that I was not stubborn with my bias.

Typically I don't trade reversals ( I'm not good at it). I trade pullback. But ever since Varun mentioned the usage of OBV and I went through my past trades, I found that a clue to reversal is there on a success of a pullback which cuts across multiple TFs (lower to higher).

This is new an approach of mine - I am in training mode on this. Visual back test was encouraging.

Tuna

There will not be a single view bro. Just read my post and change the TF from 30 min, 15 min and 5 mins with simply STI on it and an OBV with 34 EMA overlay, you will note how the reversal was first seeded on the 5mins chart and then percolated up where bearish 30mins STI was flattish (important !!) .

It failed to sustain below previous day's closed price - that was enough. OBV gave the confirmation on volume for bullishness.

So it was a buy on dips till now for me, except the early morning short which was a little lucky one. Good that I was not stubborn with my bias.

Typically I don't trade reversals ( I'm not good at it). I trade pullback. But ever since Varun mentioned the usage of OBV and I went through my past trades, I found that a clue to reversal is there on a success of a pullback which cuts across multiple TFs (lower to higher).

This is new an approach of mine - I am in training mode on this. Visual back test was encouraging.
This what I meant. 30min view is not given, you can check yourself.

Caution: This is not a new trading system, it is just a view which I added to my existing setups which I discussed before. But yes, it has the potential for working as a standalone system as it gives a holistic view of MTF to let you know interim and superior degree of the market bias. You can trade pullback (shorting the spikes, if middle one 15 mins shows stagnation (flat) and 30 mins is bearish, or a reversal, if 5,15 are aligned against 30mins)

View Setup:
(MTF - Multi, WWEMA - Welles Wilder EMA, TF, STI - 5 mins, 15mins, 30mins) and OVB (With 34 WWMA or EMA overlay). There is an additional 100 EMA plot on the chart, just to separate the zone.

Chart 1

Chart 2

Tuna

Market can go anywhere, but I will be surprised if it does not recover from 3580-3590 zone tonight. Let see.

dreammerchant

This is a 3min chart in which we can see the obv raising from below and the crossover of 34EMA happening

Same goes to 5min, we can see the raising obv across higher TF

15min

30min

DM

Tuna

Market can go anywhere, but I will be surprised if it does not recover from 3580-3590 zone tonight. Let see.
So far so good, But it got to cross and sustain above 3614, else won't be easy.

Tuna

This what I meant. 30min view is not given, you can check yourself.

Caution: This is not a new trading system, it is just a view which I added to my existing setups which I discussed before. But yes, it has the potential for working as a standalone system as it gives a holistic view of MTF to let you know interim and superior degree of the market bias. You can trade pullback (shorting the spikes, if middle one 15 mins shows stagnation (flat) and 30 mins is bearish, or a reversal, if 5,15 are aligned against 30mins)

View Setup:
(MTF - Multi, WWEMA - Welles Wilder EMA, TF, STI - 5 mins, 15mins, 30mins) and OVB (With 34 WWMA or EMA overlay). There is an additional 100 EMA plot on the chart, just to separate the zone.

Chart 1

Chart 2

Don't want to confuse with too many charts, but the funny part, the BB-CCI system (on hourly) which I discussed earlier, did the same at the same time. Lovely !! And 30mins (Same setup) it actually indicated this even before the OBV did it.

Tuna

Idiots , aarm, market movers. Lost 25 points. No more trading tonight. Want to take the rest of the profits earned today. It seems to be a bearish reversal (opposite), but could be a trap as 15 mins OBV is something, I am not sure if we can call it in sync with 5mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.