Trading with AMA and price action- forward testing

A good trading method/system generates x % average return per month .

• Total voters

hmp

Dear Vijay ji
I have adjusted the parameters as per template sent by you. Now its working fine.
Meanwhile I did not find trailing stop loss symbol . Is it in the system or i have to set it? If it is in the chart then where to find it?
Thanks & regards

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Dear Vijay ji
I have adjusted the parameters as per template sent by you. Now its working fine.
Meanwhile I did not find trailing stop loss symbol . Is it in the system or i have to set it? If it is in the chart then where to find it?
Thanks & regards
hi hmp ji,
I have not shared the exact buy/sell logic/afl to anyone as its personal.

as said in the previous posts u r free to use any trend following method , viz supertrend , MA crossover, pivots etc, and take only the signals if its trending acc to vwap.

if vwap says sideways then expect false signal from trending systems and wait for it to fail and then take reverse position. usually in sideways , buy signal comes at the top and short signal comes at the bottom.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Dear Vijay ji.
Its ok. But how to keep the stop loss & trailing stoploss?
Regards
hi,
if u know pivots then keep sl @ previous pivot.
if u follow vwap bands, u can keep sl @ sd bands in trending.
or AMA bands can be used for trailing sl.

since u use supertrend, it can also be used.

initial stoploss can be kept @ previous mph/mpl.

amandeep86

Defining biasness first and taking low risk trades in direction of biasness is what has worked for me.

Can we define biasness for price using VAH -VAL and VWAP ?

Do u have a guidelines for the same

vijkris

Learner and Follower
welcome amandeep,

Defining biasness first and taking low risk trades in direction of biasness is what has worked for me.

yes, it is working for me as well.

2. Can we define biasness for price using VAH -VAL and VWAP ?

yes, for me this is the foundation. if today price trading above VAH then look for longs only(with exceptions) and no targets, only trail sl.
viceversa for short.
in between yday vwap range means expect sideways and wait for failures .

exceptions- eg. price is above vah, but below todays vwap and also below -1sd bands means i ll change my bias to short,with target of Vah.
caution is that price may anytime decide to take "up" direction as yday bias is still long

amandeep86

welcome amandeep,

yes, it is working for me as well.

2. Can we define biasness for price using VAH -VAL and VWAP ?

yes, for me this is the foundation. if today price trading above VAH then look for longs only(with exceptions) and no targets, only trail sl.
viceversa for short.
in between yday vwap range means expect sideways and wait for failures .

exceptions- eg. price is above vah, but below todays vwap and also below -1sd bands means i ll change my bias to short,with target of Vah.
caution is that price may anytime decide to take "up" direction as yday bias is still long

Thanks ,i will use this to filter my trades using Order Flow

finally succeeded in making param to hide the box. also removed time left.
original vwap with lightgrey background added. 15tf original ama added. inside bars with color options added.

this site is annoying, but no choice:
h t tp://www. 4 shared.c om/file/EoYqlIIfbaa/vwap_param_box.html

see u tomo :)
Looks like the link is not working.
Is any fresh link available.
Can somebody share the experience please.

Thanks