Trading the Enterprise...!

linkon7

I must thank Inder.jeet for persisting with this system and posting his findings on daily basis on

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/5...llnifty-stockmaniac-dts-system-dhavin-19.html

MSA and kgsirasangi had followed up the system progress for over 15 days and my spider senses were tingling that I might have a system worth investigating.

I subscribed to this system yesterday and will be posting my views on this system here.

A 15 days trial can be downloaded from

http://www.tradingsystemsenterprise.com/

I invite inder.jeet, msa and kgsirasangi to do a regular follow up here as this thread will be dedicated to discussions on this system only.

linkon7

This system is a scalper that attempts to extract 10-15 points per trade and works on bid-ask and volume and hence needs a good data source. I used to extract data from odin and feed it to amibroker but somehow the signals / trades appeared very different from that intended by the system. I have shifted to GDFL and i must admit, the data quality and speed is the best i have used till date. I have used TDI, MDP, IBC, manshi and few more and this is the best affordable data feed i have seen till date. SO that is one big positive that has come out from my experiment with ETS...!

Global data feeds can be downloaded from

http://www.globaldatafeeds.in/

they charge Rs 1102 for 200 simultaneous symbols that include options data and the data is 1 min data with 1 sec refresh.

Surprisingly, I can now see the rates on amibroker first and then see it appear on odin after 1 sec since odin is 4 second refresh.

linkon7

I have set a loss limit of Rs 10,000 /- for this system and the day this limit is touched, i'll stop trading this system. It also gives me sufficient elbow room for me to follow the system without any prejudice and preconceived notion.

My first impression after using this system is better than what i had expected. First task was to recover the cost of the system and that was achieved yesterday, the first day of using the system.

So the 10K limit clock starts from today...!

msa5678

This system is a scalper that attempts to extract 10-15 points per trade and works on bid-ask and volume and hence needs a ------------------------------
Surprisingly, I can now see the rates on amibroker first and then see it appear on odin after 1 sec since odin is 4 second refresh.
Hi Linkon,

Great Going , A big :thanx:.. As thanks button is not functioning. Many a people had been inquiring for a good system to follow. This seems to be the ideal one, for persons who either cannot do chart reading or other analysis , on their own, either due to shortage of time or some other reaosn.

Regards:)

DiwaliCrackers

Did you back tested, can you share back tested data

Hi Linkon,

Great Going , A big :thanx:.. As thanks button is not functioning. Many a people had been inquiring for a good system to follow. This seems to be the ideal one, for persons who either cannot do chart reading or other analysis , on their own, either due to shortage of time or some other reaosn.

msa5678

I have set a loss limit of Rs 10,000 /- for this system and the day this limit is touched, i'll stop trading this system. It also gives me sufficient elbow room for me to follow the system without any prejudice and preconceived notion.

My first impression after using this system is better than what i had expected. First task was to recover the cost of the system and that was achieved yesterday, the first day of using the system.

So the 10K limit clock starts from today...!
Amazing but true, But I also start with 10K initial SL , when I start on a new system. I beleive, a good system will never hit 10K SL , Whatever happens to the market. But I keep the 10k SL on a monthly basis. Meaning if 10k is hit for October series , I stop trading for this series till the next series starts.

linkon7

Its very surprising linkon, you are using other's system, You already design some good systems.
No harm in trying someone else's system. I design systems myself and i appreciate the hard work that goes in developing systems that work.

All my systems that i feel comfortable are discretionary in nature and I have been trying to develop a pure mechanical system for a long time that works on nifty. So far, I define successful mechanical system as a system that gives 200 points (after deducting brokerage )per month for the last 5 years. The best i have been able to design gives an average of less than 100 per month.

I have back tested this and it beats any of my mechanical systems by a good margin. So its time i give it my full attention. I cannot allow my vanity / ego to stop me from trying out someone else recipe...!

Ultimately objective is to earn money in a least stress free manner possible. Mechanical systems offer that, but most results are very mediocre. Lets hope this is better....!

Last edited:

msa5678

This system is a scalper that attempts to extract 10-15 points per trade and works on bid-ask and volume and hence needs a good data source. I can now see the rates on amibroker first and then see it appear on odin after 1 sec since odin is 4 second refresh.
Hi Linkon,

Scalping works better in nowadays markets. Cause , the market has become so volatile, that a 50 point move on either side has become the norm of the day.