• zerodha

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • sas

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • others

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

CougarTrader

I've been with IB for nearly a year now, trading mostly stock-futures but occasionally, cash market as well. Their services are very good & the price is on par with most Indian discount-brokers but no intraday margins anymore (they just stopped providing them a few weeks or so ago) & even the full/overnight margins for F&O can sometimes be higher than those prescribed by NSE/SEBI, based on IB's own perception of risk with respect to each stock. Same with cash market trading, although maybe they offer overnight margin for an interest (not sure as I only stick to intraday trading). Another annoying thing with cash market is that they don't allow even intraday shorting of some stocks. They also ask for high net-worth. So, these things alone will probably repel most Indian traders but if you can get past them, then IB probably have the best platform in India in terms of features, customization as well as stability, offers bracket-orders, GTC orders, two-legged option-orders & many other orders-types, API, & the list goes on. Their support is probably the best I've seen with any broker; very professional & informed, whether you contact them through online-chat or call them. All in all, they have their advantages as well as disadvantages.
Trying out things on TWS trial. Trading platform and service is great...

But the other things that you mentioned are truly repelling. So anybody who has capacity to trade with cap. >5L (perhaps more) IB would suit best for them. Another major drawback is that they facilitate NSE only.

Thank you...